Unity2019 build not working on Vive Focus (WaveVR 2.1.0)

SOLVED

Unity2019 build not working on Vive Focus (WaveVR 2.1.0)

Has anyone been able to get a build running on a Vive Focus using Unity 2019 and WaveVR 2.1.0?

I'm using

- Unity 2019.1.2f1

- WaveVR 2.1.0

- Vive Focus (System version: 1.69.1405.3)

Our regular project stopped working when we moved to Unity 2019.

Confirmed this problem with an empty scene: (just the WaveVR prefab, a background and a directional light) 

I built it, installed using adb and ran it.

Problem: it doesn't even show the unity loading screen and just throws me back into the system menu.

ADB logcat shows the following:

I ActivityManager: Start proc 19744:com.PillowsWillow.eb.Unity2019_test/u0a132 for activity com.PillowsWillow.eb.Unity2019_test/com.htc.vr.unity.WVRUnityVRActivity
E ActivityManager: App crashed! Process: com.PillowsWillow.eb.Unity2019_test
W ActivityManager: Force finishing activity com.PillowsWillow.eb.Unity2019_test/com.htc.vr.unity.WVRUnityVRActivity
I ActivityManager: Recipient 19744
I ActivityManager: Process com.PillowsWillow.eb.Unity2019_test (pid 19744) has died
D ActivityManager: cleanUpApplicationRecord -- 19744
E Unity : [EGL] eglDestroySurface(m_EGLDisplay, m_EGLSurface): EGL_BAD_SURFACE: An EGLSurface argument does not name a valid surface (window, pixel buffer or pixmap) configured for GL rendering.
E Unity :
E Unity : (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/GfxDevice/egl/WindowContextEGL.cpp Line: 75)
E Unity :
E Unity : [EGL] Unable to acquire context: EGL_BAD_ACCESS: EGL cannot access a requested resource (for example a context is bound in another thread).
E Unity :
E Unity : (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/GfxDevice/egl/WindowContextEGL.cpp Line: 267)
E Unity :
E Unity : [EGL] Unable to acquire context: EGL_BAD_ACCESS: EGL cannot access a requested resource (for example a context is bound in another thread).
E Unity :
E Unity : (Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/GfxDevice/egl/WindowContextEGL.cpp Line: 267)
E Unity :

Has anyone also seen this issue? Any clues?

Any help is much appreciated!

Vive Staff
Solution

Re: Unity2019 build not working on Vive Focus (WaveVR 2.1.0)

@pascalvanbeek Currently, WaveVR SDK does not fully support Unity 2019. You can simply edit the following file to allow your project to run on Unity 2019.

In Assets\Plugins\BuildCheck.cs, line 23

if (Application.unityVersion.StartsWith("2017.") || Application.unityVersion.StartsWith("2018.") || Application.unityVersion.StartsWith("2019."))

Add Application.unityVersion.StartsWith("2019.") to the if statement and try again.

Thanks, that worked! And thanks for the quick response. 

Is this still needed in versions newer than 2.1.0?

Should we expect any problems specific to Unity 2019?

Vive Staff

@pascalvanbeek Yes, until WaveVR SDK 3.0.2 you still need to edit BuildCheck.cs file to build successfully for Unity 2019.

@Tony PH Lin Please help to answer the question "Should we expect any problems specific to Unity 2019?", thanks!

Highlighted
Vive Staff

Hi @pascalvanbeek ,

Since we haven't officially supported Unity 2019 with Wave SDK, there is potential risk and possibly to have errors or unknow issue.

But we'd like to help for your feedback clarification if the support effort isn't huge before our plugin fully support the new version of Unity or Unreal.

Thanks.