11-28-2017 03:35 PM - edited 03-25-2019 12:44 PM
The most recent Wave SDK is version 3.0.2
(Released March 18, 2019)
Here are the release notes: https://hub.vive.com/en-US/profile/documents
SDK Plugin Support:
Renamed SDK API from WVR_GetDeviceErrorStatus to WVR_GetDeviceErrorState. WVR_GetDeviceErrorState queries the abnormal state whether is existed on the device.
Rename SDK folder name and apk name. To see details SDK Folder Change List.
Refined WVR_AnalogType name and id, please check the enum definition in file wvr_devices.h for detail.
- Changed from WVR_AnalogType_TouchPad to WVR_AnalogType_2D
- Changed from WVR_AnalogType_Trigger to WVR_AnalogType_1D
Enable render Mask with Texture Target. Please refer to WVR_RenderMask.
- WVR_SetInputRequest MUST be invoked after WVR_Init otherwise the app can NOT receive any key events from WAVE SDK 3.0 and later. To see detail.
- Added new SDK API WVR_GetInputMappingPair and WVR_GetInputMappingTable to get input device mapping result.
- Added new SDK API WVR_GetInputDeviceAnalogType to get input device analog type.
- Added new SDK API WVR_SetArmModel for APP to have simulated controller position with Arm Model, also a SDK API WVR_SetArmSticky to customize its behavior.
- Added new SDK API WVR_SetNeckModel for APP to have simulated HMD position with Neck Model.
- Added new WVR_InputId_Alias1_Enter and WVR_InputId_Alias1_Thumbstick for WVR_InputId definition.
- Added a checkpoint for checking the positions of controllers to adjust controller roles when client got the pose ready event.
- Support fix foveation rendering. Please refer to WVR_RenderFoveation API.
- Support overfill function. Please refer to WVR_SetOverfillRatio .
- Support submit EGLImage directly.
- Support submit frame without doing distortion correction.
- Disable screenshot/cast if applicaiton set window to FLAG_SECURE.
- Support OEM performance module for device maker to config performance based on Application request.
- When we press the trigger button, the light blue effect of trigger key won’t show in app built with the SDK before version 2.1.8 or earlier.
- Unreal app is not supported for pressing HMD volume button to do unpair controller, need to go back to launcher or other unity app to do unpair controller operation.
- Plugin faceplate and switch device service to finch controller and connect finch with HMD, finch controller will be disconnected with HMD when unplug faceplate and there is no controller scanner in the scene, need to umount and mount HMD again to recover.
- Add error handling when bit table is invalid.
- Fixed the issue of updating setting table from settings AP while system is setting the dominant hand.
See Release Notes for more information on Unity and Unreal Engine Plugins - https://hub.vive.com/en-US/profile/documents
06-01-2018 02:31 PM - edited 06-01-2018 02:31 PM
The Unreal Plugin link on the Download page is returning a weird error (image is attached)
06-04-2018 02:54 AM
email@example.com thanks for your feedback, and the link is error and we'll update correct link soon.
06-04-2018 09:00 PM
The link should be okay now, let me know if anyone of you still meet download problem.
08-20-2018 06:48 AM
Thanks for the link, dowloaded just fine here.
I've got another question.
I cannot launch the new SDK of the plugin no matter the engine version - 4.19 or 4.20.
Unfortunatelly I can't even open the "plugin.uproject" file, it gives me the error message attached below - "The following modules are missing..."
Does anybody else have the same issue and/or solution fo it?
08-20-2018 07:44 AM
08-20-2018 08:17 AM
08-21-2018 03:30 AM
08-21-2018 07:41 AM
08-22-2018 12:15 AM
"It still says that I need to rebuild from source manually.." This is the reason if developer don't build the binary from source code.
We will provide a patch to include the binary files soon.
08-24-2018 07:02 AM
Just updating this thread - the latest UE4 plugin was working for me with the UE4.20 binary following the instructions. SDK version 2.1.0 downloaded August 24th