[NEW] Vive Wave SDK Links (Latest SDK release: March 18, 2019)

Highlighted

[NEW] Vive Wave SDK Links (Latest SDK release: March 18, 2019)

The most recent Wave SDK is version 3.0.2

(Released March 18, 2019)  

https://developer.vive.com/resources/knowledgebase/wave-sdk/ 

Here are the release notes: https://hub.vive.com/en-US/profile/documents

SDK Plugin Support:

Unity 2018.2

Unreal 4.21

Release 3.0.2

SDK

Changes

1. Renamed SDK API from WVR_GetDeviceErrorStatus to WVR_GetDeviceErrorState. WVR_GetDeviceErrorState queries the abnormal state whether is existed on the device.

2. Rename SDK folder name and apk name. To see details SDK Folder Change List.

3. Refined WVR_AnalogType name and id, please check the enum definition in file wvr_devices.h for detail.

• Changed from WVR_AnalogType_TouchPad to WVR_AnalogType_2D
    • Changed from WVR_AnalogType_Trigger to WVR_AnalogType_1D
  4. Enable render Mask with Texture Target. Please refer to WVR_RenderMask.

Added

1. WVR_SetInputRequest MUST be invoked after WVR_Init otherwise the app can NOT receive any key events from WAVE SDK 3.0 and later. To see detail.
  2. Added new SDK API WVR_GetInputMappingPair and WVR_GetInputMappingTable to get input device mapping result.
  3. Added new SDK API WVR_GetInputDeviceAnalogType to get input device analog type.
  4. Added new SDK API WVR_SetArmModel for APP to have simulated controller position with Arm Model, also a SDK API WVR_SetArmSticky to customize its behavior.
  5. Added new SDK API WVR_SetNeckModel for APP to have simulated HMD position with Neck Model.
  6. Added new WVR_InputId_Alias1_Enter and WVR_InputId_Alias1_Thumbstick for WVR_InputId definition.
  7. Added a checkpoint for checking the positions of controllers to adjust controller roles when client got the pose ready event.
  8. Support fix foveation rendering. Please refer to WVR_RenderFoveation API.
  9. Support overfill function. Please refer to WVR_SetOverfillRatio .
  10. Support submit EGLImage directly.
  11. Support submit frame without doing distortion correction.
  12. Disable screenshot/cast if applicaiton set window to FLAG_SECURE.
  13. Support OEM performance module for device maker to config performance based on Application request.

Known Issues

1. When we press the trigger button, the light blue effect of trigger key won’t show in app built with the SDK before version 2.1.8 or earlier.
  2. Unreal app is not supported for pressing HMD volume button to do unpair controller, need to go back to launcher or other unity app to do unpair controller operation.
  3. Plugin faceplate and switch device service to finch controller and connect finch with HMD, finch controller will be disconnected with HMD when unplug faceplate and there is no controller scanner in the scene, need to umount and mount HMD again to recover.

Bug fixes

1. Add error handling when bit table is invalid.
  2. Fixed the issue of updating setting table from settings AP while system is setting the dominant hand.

See Release Notes for more information on Unity and Unreal Engine Plugins - https://hub.vive.com/en-US/profile/documents

Re: [NEW] Vive Wave SDK Links (Latest SDK release: May 30, 2018)

The Unreal Plugin link on the Download page is returning a weird error (image is attached)

https://developer.vive.com/resources/knowledgebase/wave-sdk/

Vive Staff

jf@htxlabs.com thanks for your feedback, and the link is error and we'll update correct link soon.

Vive Staff

The link should be okay now, let me know if anyone of you still meet download problem.

Thanks.

EIlyazov
Explorer

Thanks for the link, dowloaded just fine here.

I've got another question.

I cannot launch the new SDK of the plugin no matter the engine version - 4.19 or 4.20.

Unfortunatelly I can't even open the "plugin.uproject" file, it gives me the error message attached below - "The following modules are missing..."

Does anybody else have the same issue and/or solution fo it?

TIA

chismer
Explorer

https://hub.vive.com/storage/app/doc/en-us/UnrealPlugin/UnrealPlugin.html

Copy and paste ThirdParty to <Whrere you install your UE4>\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\ThirdParty
EIlyazov
Explorer

I did it.. It still says that I need to rebuild from source manually..
chismer
Explorer

This Plugin only works for 4.20. If you have the WVR folder in engine / source / Thirdparty there should be no problem. In case you delete binaries, intermediaries and saved folders from your project and try again to open. If it still does not work, try downloading the SDK again and try again. One thing that I have seen in your photo and that I do not have in my sdk download is the WaveVrInput plugin. Where did you get it from?, that plugin is not in the example project for unreal. Can it be that that is what of the failure?
MDV Games
Pioneer

Hi, Ellyazov. I have same problems. Do you fix it?

EIlyazov
Explorer

WVR is in ThirdParty folder, WaveVR and WaveVRInput are in Plugins\WaveVR\Source folder. I tried to download it again but nothing changes..
MDV Games
Pioneer

@Tony PH Lin, can you help us? Please...

chismer
Explorer

Delete the WaveVrInput from the Plugins folder, which I think is not compatible with 4.20. Try again. But the best thing you can do is to open the sample project of the new sdk, with what comes by default, without adding the WaveVRInput plugin (only the WaveVr folder and the WVR folder in Thirdparty should be in Plugins, but in the folders where you have installed the engine: For example C: ProgramsFiles / EpicGames / 4.20 / Engine / Source / ThirdParty). With that he must open. Unfortunately, in your project, you will have to access the input commands with the new configuration offered by this new plugin.
Vive Staff

To All,

"It still says that I need to rebuild from source manually.." This is the reason if developer don't build the binary from source code.

We will provide a patch to include the binary files soon.

Thanks.

headgear
Pioneer

Just updating this thread - the latest UE4 plugin was working for me with the UE4.20 binary following the instructions. SDK version 2.1.0 downloaded August 24th

MDV Games
Pioneer

Unfortunately, with 4.20.2 don't work for me.