Input systme doesn't work with the latest WaveVR SDK

demonixis
Explorer

Input systme doesn't work with the latest WaveVR SDK

Hello,

I can't get the input system to work since I've updated to the latest version of the SDK. I tried to create a gameobject and adding the WaveVR_ButtonList, as explained in that article but it changes nothing. Have you any clues to fix that? I've a game almost ready for a release on the store, this is the last issue. I can also share the code with the Vive Focus Team if necessary.

Thanks.

Vive Staff

Re: Input systme doesn't work with the latest WaveVR SDK

Hi @demonixis ,

That article  indicates how to enable button via WaveVR_ButtonList, but no sample code how to use the button.

Please check the steps inside https://hub.vive.com/storage/app/doc/en-us/WaveVR_Controller.html

Thanks.

demonixis
Explorer

Hello,

Thanks for you answer. I know how to use the API, please take a look at my code [just here](https://gist.github.com/demonixis/776a85a25798d2b7517bb663a08e6c96). Everything worked with the previous SDK. With the new version I have no more input.

Thanks.

Vive Staff

Hi @demonixis ,

Sorry for late reply, thanks for your feedback.

We look into your code, and please check our comment below.

1. Developer should not handle the “left-handed” mode for using WaveVR_Controller.

Inputsystem_1.pngInputsystem_2.png

If developer use only 1 controller, the “controller” would always be “WVR_DeviceType_Controller_Right”.

The unique condition of using “WVR_DeviceType_Controller_Left” is that developer uses 2 controllers concurrently and needs to get the status of left controller.

No matter 1 or 2 controller(s) condition, developer never needs to check “WaveVR_Controller.IsLeftHanded” before using “WaveVR_Controller.Input”.
Because WaveVR_Controller handles the left-handed mode automatically.

2. Developer uses many buttons in code:

Inputsystem_3.png

including Trigger / DPad_Up / Menu / Grip / DPad_Left / DPad_Right and System.

So developer needs to specify these keys in WaveVRButton (drag from Assets/WaveVR/Prefabs) as below:

Inputsystem_4.png

And I see that “System” key is specified but it is not allowed.

If developer wants a key mapping to “Thumbstick”, just specify “Thumbstick” in WaveVRButtons like:

Inputsystem_5.png

Please have a try, and provide android logcat (must enable DEBUG level in AP) if buttons are still not workable.

Thanks.

demonixis
Explorer

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. My game supports one or two controllers, that's why I use them.

I'll change my code to only use the right controller when only one controller is detected.

Thanks