07-11-2018 11:46 AM
this is my little game of Bowling in VR. (BOWLING HOME VR)
What did you think about ? help me to make a good bowling game !
So i have a little problem, i can't change the hand right to left in runtime.
Always right controller is display. With wave SDK same problem. Anybody have the same ? i tried come content on Focus. It is the same always right controller is displayed.
07-11-2018 12:03 PM
07-11-2018 12:16 PM
no, i tried with user settings but when i lauch my build everytime controller is right.
I tried the sample of vive focus. i have the same issue everytime.
i tried a game on the focus store, same.
is it ok for you ? do you have left controller when you choose left hand in settings ?
07-12-2018 07:23 AM
It looks really great man! Im curious about the decision to move the player behind the ball. I can imagine it could be a pretty intense jarring feeling for some users sensitive to vection, but I'd love to test it out. I imagine that its quite a thrill to take the ball perspective
07-12-2018 08:55 AM
really thanks for your message !
yes i add this for add dynamic motion during the throw. i add in settings the possibility for user to play without this effects. you right, many people can be sick with this effects.
if you want to try i can send you an APK of the prototype.
let me know .. send me your email in MP
07-13-2018 02:13 AM
For UI explanation
Do you have some official vector graphics for controller and headset representation maybe ?
07-13-2018 02:25 AM - edited 07-13-2018 02:27 AM
Currently No, and we did it by ourselves so such kind of fade effect.
And I think you can find 3D Model from ControllerModel\Finch directory, but no headset.
07-13-2018 02:35 PM
Just got to try it, and quick hot-take.
- Looks amazing! The place is very nice, and I'd like to visit again - this is a big marker for me, whether you want to go back to an environment at all.
- Sound - I might suggest tweaking the sound track a bit more bass (because the vive focus integrated audio isn't very bassy... and the sound effect of "oh no gutterball" should probably be several different statements.
- Controllers - very intuitive - I might slow down the touch to move a bit more to help with sensitive people, and perhaps have a snap to teleport option to quickly select the place you want to be. The hand-presence is great!
- Throwing the ball - The motion to follow ball being on by default would be a no-no for me. I might suggest that if you do keep it on by default, you only use if its is an exciting outcome - following the ball to see it in the gutter feels like insult added to injury, but if I strike and I follow the ball as a replay that might be a nice reward-thrill at the end. I had to turn off the effect to actually play it for a meaningful time... and started enjoying the actual bowling more once it was off - again I might keep it as a "delighter" when something goes really well.
- Bugs - didn't get to spend too much time, but I did get a moment when I got two gutterballs for the price of one, and the audio and the visual feedback showed " gutter ball " once after the other.
- Highlights - first real discoball i've seen in VR - and I really liked it! will deffinitely go back and explore the space more and see if I can use the bowling ball to smash the place up.
07-13-2018 04:09 PM
OOOHhh great feedback. very exciting it is motivating.
- Sound : Need to work - basic at the moment
- i will try to add on the padbutton the Teleportation OK
- for zoom effect you think it is better without , i put this in reflexion
- bug corrected bor gutterbal .. normally
Allright i go to continue ... stay in touch
07-13-2018 04:20 PM
i d'like to clarify something about Scale world
when i imported my models in unity at 1.0 scale , it seems to be small in Focus, so i added 20% scale (1.20)
for have better result impression. is it ok for you ?
and don't you think when you understand how throw correctly, it is not too easy ?
Because me i do strike or spare maybe too often. just question i have about difficulty progression mechanics
07-13-2018 05:32 PM
Are you using Unreal, Unity or a custom engine? If you are using UE4 and are using the WaveVR_Pawn -> ControllerLoader_blueprint I noticed that the controller is hardcoded to the right hand.
07-14-2018 01:56 AM
07-14-2018 01:12 PM - edited 07-14-2018 01:12 PM
Looks like I was wrong in the BP implementation. There seems to be logic on determining what hand to use based on the input type detected. Works in UE4 when switching hands in user settings prior to launching app.
07-16-2018 07:42 AM - edited 07-16-2018 07:43 AM
id'like to add leaderboard and achievement for my bowling home game in Vive Focus.
is there some sample for begin to use and add in project ?