• Download Links • How do I calibrate the eye tracking? • Do I need to calibrate eye tracking for different users? • Can calibration be done during app while framework is running? • What drivers are required for SRanipal eye tracking? • When starting a SRanipal program Windows UAC prompts for permission? • How do I update the SRanipal runtime? • How do I update the Vive Pro Eye Firmware? • Eye Camera Version N/A Issue? • Eye Tracking is not working? • FAQ Suggestions
• Download Links
SRanipal Runtime and SDK can be downloaded from the developer portal.
If you need access to the foveated rendering plugins please reach out to your HTC contact.
• How do I calibrate the eye tracking?
Eye Tracking Calibration Launch Instructions - Plug in Vive Pro Eye HMD
- Right Click "Vive-Super-Reality-Runtime" notification tray icon, select Eye Calibration
Eye Tracking Calibration Steps - Turn on a controller - Put on HMD - Press system button on controller or HMD (below trackpad on controller) - Select Pro Eye from SteamVR Dashboard - Select Start Calibration - Position HMD to center eyes - Set IPD (slider should be centered in calibration image) - Follow the dot with your eyes - Press system button to close dashboard
• Do I need to calibrate eye tracking for different users?
Yes, each user will need to do the calibration steps.
• Can calibration be done during app while framework is running?
Yes, the calibration process can be run while the framework is running.
• What drivers are required for SRanipal eye tracking?
NVIDIA Public Drivers: 430.39 (April 2019) or later NVIDIA Private Drivers: 417.91 [*VRSWrapper] (Beta driver)
• When starting a SRanipal program Windows UAC prompts for permission?
Currently the runtime causes Windows UAC prompts when using a program with SRanipal integration: "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Vive-Super-Reality-Runtime" Select yes to continue or press Alt+Y as a keyboard shortcut.
If you would like to disable the UAC prompts follow the instructions below.
To turn off UAC: Click the Start menu. In the search field type UAC. Click "Change User Account Control settings." In the window that comes up, move the slider down to "Never Notify." Click OK and then restart the computer.
• How do I update the SRanipal runtime?
Download the latest runtime "VIVE_SRanipalInstaller_v0.7.2.1.msi" and run it to install
When the Vive Pro Eye is plugged into your PC and SteamVR is running it may offer updates to the Vive Pro watchmen tracking modules. Feel free to update these as suggested by SteamVR.
There is a seperate firmware for the eye tracking modules. Only update the eye tracking firmware if you have an older dev kit that requires an update to work with the latest runtimes.
Instructions: - Unzip update_xxxx.zip - Run update.bat - Wait for the update to complete - Do not unuplug the Vive Pro Eye or interrupt the firmware update process!
• Eye Camera Version N/A Issue? Right click the SRanipal notification icon and select "About" you should see the "Runtime Version: 0.7.2.1" and "Eye Camera Version: 1.88.0-8106667" If the Vive Pro Eye is unplugged or if you are using a devkit with an older firmware it may show the eye camera version as "N/A". If you are using a devkit with an older firmware it may be incompatible with the latest runtimes and will require a firmware update to work properly.
• Eye Tracking is not working?
If you are having further issues with the eye tracking please reach out to your HTC contact for support or post the issue in this forum.
• FAQ Suggestions
If you have any suggestions for documentation feedback or improving this FAQ please let us know.