Hand Tracking SDK + SRWorks

Kikuto
Explorer

Hand Tracking SDK + SRWorks

With the SDK patch 0.8.0p1, now is possible to use Hand Tracking SDK + SRWorks in See Through mode. However, when I configure both SDKs together as in this unity example, I got different position for 3D hand and my real hand as in image bellow.

Hand translation.png

This project was built on ViveSR/Sample/Sample scene.

This problem occurs ins both hand in both eyes. @zzy  how can I find the translation matrix that fixes this position?

I intend to use handmat material, that made virtual hand invisible, to interact with virtual objects. As I finished the integration with Leap Motion Interaction Engine, I will be able to use all interactive features of Leap SDK. I will share the interaction code soon as I fix some small details.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Vive Staff

Re: Hand Tracking SDK + SRWorks

Hi @Kikuto 

I would recommend you to try with SDK v0.8.1 to see if this problem still exists. Prior to v0.8.1, we used hand calibrated intrinsics for Vive Pro, this might be different from the parameters used in SRWorks. In v0.8.1, we changed to use OpenVR API to get intrinsics which should be similar to what SRWorks used.

As for the hand material, if you don't need the hand, you can simply disable the HandRenderer, or change it's layer to an invisible layer.

Kikuto
Explorer

Hi @zzy 

Thanks for the fast reply. I tried your suggestion, but as the image below I still have 3D hand misplaced with my real hand in Hand Tracking SDK 0.8.1. So, how can I found the translation matrix that aligns these hands?

hand tracking.png

Here is my unity example scene where the dependencies are SRWorks SDK 0.8.0.2 and Hand Track SDK 0.8.1.

In this new SDK version, the hand detection is much better! Thanks for the hard work.

Thanks.

Vive Staff

Hi @Kikuto 

Actually, we don't have the translation matrix. In Hand Tracking SDK, we calculate 3d points based on front camera intrinsics and extriniscs. The unity plugin renders the 3d points based on rendering camera settings, and thus displayed on your screen and HMD.

I think you may ask the SRWorks side for this, if they have some mappings for virtual objects that need to appear at some specific place on the texture.

@DanY Can you help on this question? Thank you.

Best Regards,

Zhongyang

Labels