Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Pyrostasis
Explorer

Re: Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

After waiting a month we have heard no meaningful updates.

I was lucky that gamestop was willing to work with me and returned my unit. Got the new PS4 Pro 1tb and Red Dead Redemption 2. Probably be the last product I ever purchase from HTC.

Striiker
Contributor

Any updates yet? I am pretty sure this is related to motherboards and not the processor. I've seen posts of people using an ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero without issues wher eI am having issues on an ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero.

I haven't reinstalled the adaptor or software since removing it weeks ago so I haven't been trying to use it (if there are updates or fixes out there).

kkww
Settler

PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

Asrock X370 Taichi

Radeon RX 580

I have had my Wireless Adaptor with VIVE Pro for 2 weeks and occasionally got BSOD.

It was not unacceptable at first but started to feel annoyed when I'm under the sea fighting against alien sea creatures. Btw Subnautica is so much fun.

I didn't overclock and have nothing else plugged in the PCIE slot other than GPU.

Fix:

I follow this reddit post to set my PCIe to Gen 2 from BIOS.

And haven't encountered BSOD ever since. It's been 10 days...

I know that it may not fix everyone's problem but it's worth a try.

Good luck, folks.

Axiochus
Contributor

Gen 2, not Gen 3?
kkww
Settler

My bios only has auto/ gen 1/ gen 2. That's why.
ghostartist
New Arrival

I'm having the same issues as well

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Processor 

EidEchse
New Arrival

I have a similiar configuration, same motherboard and CPU. Did you solve the Problem. If yes in with pci slot did you insert the wireless card and with settings do you use in the bios?

Grant112
Settler

I'm just following up – my Wireless card arrived today, I installed it in my PCIEX16_3 slot on my Asus STRIX X470-F mobo. I just played Pavlov VR for about an hour and had no major issues. I am getting an occasional grey screen.. happened maybe 3 times while I was playing, lasted for only a second or two. 

The adapter itself ran pretty warm – definitely not HOT, but so far no problems. I've got a 1700x, 1080ti, and 32GB of RAM.

I'll keep reporting back here on my progress/status as I use it more.

UPDATE: Played another couple hours, and after adjusting my antenna I get zero grey screen issues. Also, no crashes thus far. Player several different games too.

Grant112
Settler

Alright so tonight I was playing and I started getting some grey screen again, then shortly after I received a BOD and my whole system crashed. However, the only thing I did different tonight was I put the side of my computer case back on. I left it off the previous night because I had just put the card in – I left it off incase I needed to shuffle PCI slots.

So, I took the side of the case back off and played again – no more issues. So, I think in my situation the crash and BOD was due to internal overheating. I might need some more case fans.

musicullum
New Arrival

I'd buy immediately for my vive PRO if Vive would report a solution. This way, with a Ryzen 1920x and 1080ti, I will have to wait until beeing assured that it works.
Add to that that the additional PRO attachment kit is currently not available makes it looks like they don't want my money??
small_white
New Arrival

I didn't see BSOD or system freeze on my PC, so far.

All drivers are update to date, and no overclock, BIOS are default settings.
Hope the clue can help you guys.

PC Spec:
Ryzen R5 1600X
ASRock X370 Taichi
Win10
16G Ram
AMD RX580 (PCIE2)
Wireless Adapter(PCIE4)
VIVE Pro
DAlek5961
Pioneer

I'm starting to think HTC only tested Ryzen on a single ASRock motherboard ahahaah

Jack Hammer
Builder

@DAlek5961 wrote:
I'm starting to think HTC only tested Ryzen on a single ASRock motherboard ahahaah

And now they're hoping the rest of us will just go away and leave them alone so they can continue to rip people off.

Dutchoper72
Contributor

Any news on this, or is this just a waste of cash? Almost started to feel like vive is nothing but a waste with slow support on major issues on their equipment.

DAlek5961
Pioneer

@Jack Hammer Oh yeah no, I would have gone away already were it not for my AB350 motherboard not supporting both NVMe and 2 gpus.

So for the longest time my 1070 has been in a box and I've been staring at 2 black monitors out of my 5 as a trade-off to be able to use my **bleep** wireless