Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Zacware
Explorer

Re: Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Update available.... not sure what it does yet.... 3624E5A9-666F-42E6-A56B-3A0695178852.jpeg

Jack Hammer
Builder

@Zacware wrote:

Update available.... not sure what it does yet.... 3624E5A9-666F-42E6-A56B-3A0695178852.jpeg

Looks like if anything it makes the system crash faster.  Nice.

Ahkaskar
Contributor

can confirm, basically instant hard lock then BSOD on trying to launch a game

DAlek5961
Pioneer

If this meme gets removed it means they are paying attention >.>

If this meme gets removed it means they are paying attention >.>

*Edited for content*

Shadouts
Contributor

Possible workaround:

I noticed that the "Watchdog" crash was occuring every time I opened the Steam overlay in VR, then I noticed that it was also happening when I enabled the double-vision camera overlay in game. I've found that disabling the Vive camera in SteamVR settings prevents the crash from happening. This is not an acceptable workaround as I rely on the camera often, but I thought it might help developers and other users solve the problem.

Hardware:
Ryzen 5
Radeon Rx Vega64
ASRock AB350 PRO4

nw15062
Explorer

Re: If this meme gets removed it means they are paying attention >.>

**bleep** htc! Bunch of penny pinching pricks.
DAlek5961
Pioneer

Re: If this meme gets removed it means they are paying attention >.>

Still Can't believe online has zero warning about this!, do they just think more ryzen users don't exist? **bleep**!. I've tried my best to pre-warn my friends not to count on it working. But **bleep**, It's been HOW long now with zero information?

Highlighted
DAlek5961
Pioneer

Man this is just infuriating

Man this is just infuriating
Community

While you are free to comment on the topic at hand, posting memes with profanity included isn't permitted on the forums. We want you to feel free to express yourself whether it is positive, negative, or contructive. If you do have concerns and feel that it might get heated or needs to be heard directly, please feel free to message me. We can chat about it. 

If you are offering feedback or a concern over a hardward or software issue, please express it in a way that can be productive and constructive. 

And yes, we are keeping an eye on this thread as well as the feedback for it. We will most definitely update you all when information comes across our desk. 

-SuperNikoPower
Community Manager
Available Monday - Friday
kantorr
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm having the same issues as everyone else. Ryzen processor, Asus Crosshair Hero VI mobo. DPC Watchdog Violations doing anything. 
How has there been absolutely no development on this CRITICAL bug? Did I just literally waste $300 on a piece of gear that is simply broken? VR is a budding field of video games, and support like this is why no one is buying it. You mention that if anything comes across your desk you'll let us know... In 3 months nothing has come across your desk? Nothing at all? That is unacceptable.

Edit Nov 13: This is the current copy pasta that Vive support is distributing.
"At the moment we have some reports about this issue with Ryzen CPU and the wireless adapter, HTC is working on it at the moment, we should have a solution soon."

There's no other information than: wait an undetermined amount of time and maybe you will be able to use your equipment. No recommendations on how to ease the issue at all. Can we have a little more transparency than that? I don't want to give up on this because wireless is fantastic, but if there isn't more transparency immediately, I am returning my kit.

Shadouts
Contributor

I feel similar to the post above, and I'd like to expand on it, but first, let me post an update:

While disabling the Vive camera seemed to fix the issue for me, I recently updated the software/firmware to version 1.20 something, whatever was just released a couple days ago, and now I get the crash happening about 80% of the times I boot up. Maybe there really was no change and I was just getting extra lucky before the update. I wanted to add that before I even install the WiGig card I updated my mobo bios to make sure everything would go smooth.

To expand on the post above, I also feel that HTC should be a bit more transparent on this issue or give us a better understanding with the situation. Is this really a hardware level issue, or is this a driver level issue? Is it likely to be fixed in the near future? I'm gung ho about supporting VR development, but I won't be a happy camper if I have to sit on this purchase and wait for a fix to be released just as this peripheral gets its first decreased pricepoint.

GoryGloryGuy
Contributor

Same problem. Pretty upset that I can't use the 300 dollar tech that I just bought. Running Ryzen 7 2700x, with a Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming 3, and the error I recieve is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I understand that things take time to work out, but it's been a month since release. Many people are moving over to Ryzen CPUs, and this needs to be a priority fix. Thank you.

kantorr
Contributor

I tried changing the connection mode on the Vive Wireless application and got much better playtime before BSOD. Vive Wireless>Gear Icon>Settings>Connection Mode or Mode. I switched from Mode 1 to Mode 2. I'll have to try it out more tomorrow and eventually Mode 3 to see if that is more stable. I went from under 10 mins BSOD to almost an hour BSOD in Onward. I am doing this along with disabled camera and c6h bios settings for x1 (referred to early in thread).

Sad2077x
Contributor

Anyone get the wireless adaptor working on a Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 7 motherboard paired with a 2700X? I have parts in the the mail for a new AMD build and  thought about exchanging them for Intel parts. But screw that. 

Great way to kill wireless adaptor holiday sales, BTW. 

kantorr
Contributor

Sadly, changing connection modes within the Vive Wireless application did not consistently change the rate of BSODs. I tried all 3 modes. I even got one restart of my computer where the application simply wouldn't recognize the wigig card.