Vive Wireless "Unknown Error" "Not ready (10000.15)"

MrBomb99
Contributor

Vive Wireless "Unknown Error" "Not ready (10000.15)"

I followed the setup process and the first time I used it was a test run to see if it was hooked up properly, and it worked fine. Then the next time I used it, it gave me this error.

Screenshot (4).png

I tried reinstalling the software, reinstalling the WiGig, trying different PCIe slots, cleaning IR sensors, reinstalling drivers. I've gotten nowhere so far. I don't think it's a hardware issue (WiGig and Antenna), but I have nothing to test that. The headset works fine and the antenna shows a flashing green light but holding the button with this error does nothing.

Computer Specs;

CPU: Intel i7-9700K

GPU: GTX 1080 Ti

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Hero

RAM: 64GB

Vive Staff

Re: Vive Wireless "Unknown Error" "Not ready (10000.15)"

@MrBomb99 

Make sure your anti-virus isn't blocking it. That error usually comes up when it can't contact the internet for an update. Check your internet too.

Thank you,
-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
MrBomb99
Contributor

My internet is just fine and the only thing I could find on my firewall is "HTC Connection Utility", and this was already checked for approval.

rowan_u
Contributor

I've got no insite's except that this started happening after the most recent firmware update for me.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it only gives me this message.  Very frustrating.  

Fabito
Contributor

It started happening to me too!

Just after updating the app and the firmware

Vive Staff

@Fabito  @MrBomb99  @rowan_u 

So it only happened right after you updated the Wireless application?

Thanks,
-John C

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

MrBomb99
Contributor

For me, no. I used the application once for a test fire, and after that was a bust.

Fabito
Contributor

Yes! Only after updating the application and firmware.  The only way to make it work again is booting the computer. 

Sometimes it happens while using the vive.

oldman
Explorer

@Fabito wrote:

Yes! Only after updating the application and firmware.  The only way to make it work again is booting the computer. 

Sometimes it happens while using the vive.

So when you said sometimes it happens while using the vive, does that mean after rebooting the computer and you got it working, but the error code returns after a certain time?  

Fabito
Contributor

Exactly. I 've been having to boot about 5 times a day.
WaxxyOne
Visitor

Same issue here. In the middle of playing VR (latest issue was about 35 minutes into a game of Overload), the headset display suddenly dies. SteamVR says Searching... and Vive Wireless shows "Not Ready (10000.9)".  After closing Vive Wireless and restarting, it IMMEDIATELY goes to Not Ready (10000.15). By immediately, I mean it does not show Preparing, Searching, or anything else before displaying the Not Ready message. In addition to this, it displays a second box with the message "Unknown error: VIVE Wireless app unknown error occurred. Please check all connections and restart your PC."

Restarting PC is the only thing that fixes it, but it's frustrating as I may lose lots of progress due to the wireless connection suddenly dying for no apparent reason.

rowan_u
Contributor

Mine is also failing to complete a restart after this issue occurs . . . have to hard power down and then power back up.  Very not cool.  After trying to reinstall I got the dreaded displaylink fails to install error also . . . requiring a whole other rabbit hole.  Just about ready to unplug the whole mess and wait for Index.

Vive Staff

@Fabito 

I sent you a PM regarding this.

Thank you,
-John C