Vive Software Not Installing

SOLVED
Creatrix
Settler

Vive Software Not Installing

I run the ViveSw.exe and it goes through the installation but when it reaches the end and I click run viveport nothing happens and I can't find viveport anywhere on my pc

please help me do this because I don't wanna miss out on the content that's on viveport

thanks in advance

Vive Staff

Re: Vive Software Not Installing

@Creatrix

It will be called, simply "Vive" when you search for it on your PC.

If you can't find it, here are a couple of things to check:

1. Anti-virus software is disabled or whitelisting Vive software

2. Running as administrator when you install
3. Install path you're using

Thank you,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
Creatrix
Settler

I've searched for vive on my pc and all i find is vive dashboard which brings up steam vr. I installed it using administrator and to the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\ViveSetup). My antivirus says nothing when running the installer and I have installed it once before and it worked. I then tried to move it over to my D drive because I had no space on the C drive. this caused the software to stop working so I reinstalled it then onto the D drive and it would not work. so I then reinstalled it to the default location and it still does not work.

DaiEvil
Contributor

I am also having a problem with Viveport, but earlier in the chain.

After selecting the location for the installation of the Vive software, and clicking install, the application hangs. 

This happens if I use the default directory or not. I have noticed that an 'Updater' vive application starts, but doesn't do anything (even after leaving for 30 mins). 

If i try running the Viveport installer again (with the Updater still running), the install fails immediately with a "Couldn't download Vive Software" error. If I kill the updater app and start again, the system hangs again.

I have tried running without anti-virus / firewall and as Admin, but no difference. 

Looking at the log file in the ViveSetup folder, the last line in the log is always:

" [Downloader] Register updater:  "C:/Program Files (x86)/ViveSetup/Updater/Updater.exe" "-install VIVE Software C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ViveSetup" (D)"

I am using Windows 10 64bit professional edition, Steam is working correctly and VR seems to be running flawlessly. Anybody got any suggestions?

Vive Staff

@DaiEvil @Creatrix

Are either of you opted into the Windows Insider program?

Thanks,

-John C

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

DaiEvil
Contributor

Hi John,

Not as far as I am aware!!

Thanks

Vive Staff

@DaiEvil 

What URL are you downloading the installer from? Double check your AV settings, that sounds exactly like it's being blocked by anti-virus.

Thanks,

-John C

DaiEvil
Contributor

The PC has all AV turned off at the moment, and no difference. Is there any special firewall port needed in my router??? I am at a loss right now! 

I have not experienced this problem with other software.

Is there an alternative way to access the Viveport software?

Vive Staff

@DaiEvil

Shouldn't need to do anything special with ports, but maybe try disabling the firewall to test.

Thanks,

-John C

Creatrix
Settler

I've just attempted to install the software again while disabling my antivirus and firewall. same exact result

Vive Staff

Hi @Creatrix @DaiEvil,

Could you guys try and search "Vive Feedback"  > Unable to install Viveport Desktop > Technical Support > Report issue>  type in your Email, and your Community ID on top.  

I will get the engineering team to investigate your logs to provide further assistance.  

Thank you for your support.  

Cory.C

Creatrix
Settler

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking me to do. I searched that in google and found this article: http://community.viveport.com/t5/Technical-Support/HELP-PLEASE-Device-driver-software-was-not-succes...

but I'm not sure if this is the right thing.

thanks

DaiEvil
Contributor

Hi, As Creatix asked, I'm not entirely sure where you want me to post my log files.

Interestingly I discovered that if I kill the 'Updater.exe' from the task manager, then the download starts, but stops after 6Mb or so with a request to sign in to HTC. This process then fails.
I have again tried to turn off all AV and firewalls, but without any change in outcome.

Please can you send a link to the appropriate positing area?

Sorry if I am being a bit slow...

DaiEvil
Contributor

OK.... I seemed to have installed it, and it appears to be working.

I rebooted my machine is Safe Mode with Networking, and although the font siz was huge, and barely able to see the icon, the software did download and install. So I guess success??

But still no idea what was causing the issue. 

It might be worth a try doing the same Creatix

Vive Staff

Hi @Creatrix @DaiEvil

For the search, I meant search on windows: Viveport Feedback  

vivefeedback.gif

Steps: Launch Viveport Feedback > Unable to install Viveport Desktop > Technical Support > Report issue>  type in your Email, and your Community ID on top.  

If you have trouble finding "Viveport Feedback" please PM me your email, so I could send the tool to retrieve logs from you.  

Thank you for supporting Viveport

Cory.C