04-16-2018 08:16 PM
I had tried running as admin but that didn't work for me. What did work in the end was to reset my default browser to Internet Explorer. I normally use Opera but after that, it installed fine. I did notice, even though I already have Steam and it says, "Steam software found", it acts like it's installing something but just sits idle. Once I plugged in my Vive headset the installation completed fine. Good luck and see y'all out there.
07-25-2018 04:43 PM
@DEV241, can you please search your PC for "Viveport Feedback" and use that tool to submit an error report? Logs/Error reports are really the best way to troubleshoot these kinds of errors.
Technical Specialist - San Francisco, CA; Monday-Friday
10-15-2018 11:31 PM
I had the same problem (Vive was looking for an update, but hung on some firewall settings).
Solution: Used a different internet, i.e. made a hotspot on my phone, used this on my computer, works!
Maybe this helps.
02-24-2019 11:45 PM
I also hit the same issue. I have no idea why this happens but follow below steps reinstall fix it
1. Uninstall “VIVE Software” from control panel
2. Download Microsoft force uninstall tool from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...
3. Execute this tool. Force uninstall “HTC Account” and “VIVEPORT XXXX”
4. Open file explorer, go to folder %temp%
5. Delete all folders that prefix is “vive”
6. Install vive setup again