Vive Pro just stops mid game

SOLVED
Dybz
Contributor

Vive Pro just stops mid game

I have 1 base station and 1 vive pro headset. the base station is on mode A and is directly infront and slightly below me. Everytime i try to get the two to work, steamVR always say that they are working but not tracking. when they do work they work fine. Today i was in the middle of a game and the headset freaked out then went to its blank blue screen. I never left the sight of the base station as my play area consists of my chair and thats it. i checked every cable and everything is plugged in.

Vive Staff

Re: Vive Pro just stops mid game

@Dybz

When you do have two of them up, what channels are they on? If you're not using the cable, they need to be on B and C. When you have two, how do you have them positioned? Opposite from each other?

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
Dybz
Contributor

I only have the 1 base station. the games that can use VR are just sit in a seat games like War Thunder and Elite Dangerous. Im getting a stand tomorrow so the base station is actually above me.

Vive Staff

@Dybz

1 base station is always going to be less effective than two stations. Setting it above you is a good idea, but you should also set up a second base station in the opposite direction if you have the space for it, even with games like War Thunder and Elite: Dangerous.

Thank you,
-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
Dybz
Contributor
Solution

The stand came in today so my base station is now above me. Setting the basestation above me DEFINITELY helped and my problems went away. thanks for helping :smileyvery -happy: