Vive Pro DisplayPort Connecting issue.

download_it
Settler

Vive Pro DisplayPort Connecting issue.

1) Bought new Vive Pro. Connected it first time, hardware setup guide found USB connection and Display Port  connection with no problems at all.

2) SteamVr recommended to do a firmware update. There were 4 steps of firmware update. 3 were installed with no problems, but 4th failed by some reason. Afte this firmware update with SteamVr I resatred the system and now I'm getting display port connection error:

Headset is not connected properly
The headset's display was not found, please make sure your HDMI cables are securely connected, then reboot it by clicking below.
(208)

What the problem could be?

download_it
Settler

Re: Vive Pro DisplayPort Connecting issue.

Also, system report from SteamVR

SteamVR Version 2018-08-07 (1533664367)
Steam:    Public (Public)
Tracking:    No Driver
Direct Mode Graphics:    NVIDIA (399.07)

System
Admin:    No
Async Reprojection:    Enabled
Allow Reprojection:    Yes (Good)
Force Reprojection:    No (Good)
Performance drops:    0/1 0/2 0/3 0/4 0/0
User IPD (m):    Not yet implemented

Displays - Extended Display
Display 0: \\.\DISPLAY1 1920x1080 @ (0, 0) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Primary
Monitor 0: \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0 Generic PnP Monitor

Vive Staff

@download_it

Are you using an adapter or just directly connecting the displayport cable to the GPU?

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
download_it
Settler

@Synthesis

John,

Connecting directly to display port of GPU, no addapters used.

Vive Staff

@download_it

if you haven't already, go into the settings and the developer tab and Enable Direct Mode.

It's possible we'll have to reinstall the drivers too, so after doing that, if it doesn't work. Uninstall the drivers through SteamVR settings.

Thanks,

-John C

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

download_it
Settler

@Synthesis

John,

I did it few times, reinstalled/uninstalled drivers, software, enabled/disabled direct mode..nothing helped....At the moment just rolled back Windows to factory settings. Will update you what I got after all is set up.

download_it
Settler

@Synthesis

Same issue again...

USB Port Detected - OK

DisplayPort Not Detected.......

download_it
Settler

@Synthesis

We can setup a TeamViewer session, so you can check all the software configuration.

download_it
Settler

@Synthesis

As I said erarlier, the problem arrived when the 4th step of firmware update was failed to be installed. On the first connection there were no problems.

Vive Staff

@download_it

Follow the instructions here and give this a try: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?s=99fc613679d414ac10dc0dc9898716eb&ref=2748-WEIK-956...

Thank you,

-John C

download_it
Settler

@Synthesis

John,

Unistalled all USB devices "VendorID 28de and OBB4" as instructed and rebooted the system. The problem still presists...Headset not connected properly(208) in SteamVr

Vive Staff

@download_it

I sent you a PM.

Thank you,

-John C

download_it
Settler

@Synthesis

John,

Thanks. Btw, tried to connect the Vive Pro on completely different computer. The same issue again. So I suggest there is problem with cable/link/mask.

Vive Staff

@download_it

Good call. Does the cable look damaged at all? Any twists or anything?

Thanks,

-John C

download_it
Settler

@Synthesis

Nope, I would not say so...Could be there cause problems after the failed firmware update on VivePro? Mightbe something was not installed properly, what now causes the problem?