• Audioshield
  • Tethered
  • Gorn
  • Tilt Brush
  • VR Toolbox
  • Steam 360 Video Player
  • Google Blocks
  • Munch (got it from viveport)
  • Unreal Engine (I can use the vr editor)

in the sense that they all seem to run just fine.

but I have been unable to run:

• The Lab
  • Subnautica
  • Fantastic Contraptions (got it from viveport)

So on the desktop monitor I will see a window showing a view of what my headset should probably be seeing, I will hear the audio through the vive's headphones and my controller will have slight vibrations when encoutering the menu buttons but my vive will just keep showing the loading screen - I have waited for pretty long (just left it by itself for 10 minutes) so it's probably an actual issue.

So far I have tried unplugging the desktop monitor's hdmi cable (didn't change anything), turning off reprojection and turning on reprojections, meddling with super-sampling, trying steamVR and beta steamVR, checking that the PC's graphics card is ok (In fact here are my specs:Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 2.52.51 AM.pngMy PC specs

so my pc is supposed to be vr-ready)

I have both the desktop monitor and the vive connected to the PC via hdmi cables. I have tried switching the cable ports the hdmi cables are connected to, I have also updated the base stations, steam, viveport, my windows is up to date too. I have all the drivers needed for steam vr too.

I have also checked that my user profile & the file path were all in English UK alphabet... so should be okay? I can run unreal engine and look through my vive to interact with the level.

I am not sure what else I can do, I got all the above from steam forums and reddit. Would really appreciate help in understanding why some games can't be played.

CaTaPulT
Architect

Re: Unable to play certain games.

I noticed you have a Asus motherboard. Any chance you installed "Asus Ai Suite".... if so, try un-installing it, it seems to not play well with some Vive software.
Regards: Jack
Vive Staff

@MwahaCookie@CaTaPulT

Try CaT's advice and let us know what happens.

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
MwahaCookie
Settler

I don't have Asus Ai Suite installed. I only have an ASUS PCE-AC88 WLAN Card Driver installed (I checked by searching in the start menu?)

I forgot to add above, but for the games I can't play, they show a 'not responding' in SteamVR.

dodo_developer
Contributor

I have the same problem. Most of the games are running great.

I can't play:

-The Lab

-Accounting

-Trials on Tatooine

Situation looks the same in all of them. On Vive I can see that they are loading (loading bar in small frame). After a while I can see Steam user interface, and the game is running but not responding.

I've seen some other post where peapole cant run this specific games. I have found no anwer yet. Any ideas?

Vive Staff

Hmm. So some of these games are in Steam and others are in Viveport. What are your anti-virus and firewall settings? Do you have Viveport and Steam whitelisted? Are you using a router with built in firewall?

Thanks,

-John C

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

MwahaCookie
Settler

I am using an airport extreme router. 

I don't have any anti-virus software installed (Norton came with my PC but it expired), I do have a firewall on, it allows steamVR and unreal engine through the private and public though.

CaTaPulT
Architect

I have Windows 10 Firewall disabled but my router's firewall is enabled and I don't have any problems playing those 3 titles through SteamVR. I didn't have to do any port mapping for the router either.

Regards: Jack

Vive Staff

Steam and Viveport are entirely different things, the way one works isn't going to have any bearing on how the other works. As far as ports, I don't know.  I don't think it uses anything strange, most users don't have to configure anything before use. Users are not expected to need to configure ports for normal use.

Can you try to run one of the problem Steam games and then create a SteamVR log and PM it to me?

Thanks,

-John C

Leander
Settler

I also have the exact same issue,

Someone else pointed out that the games that aren't working were based on the Unity engine.

I've tried everything I could to resolve the issue without success yet.

I also have an Asus motherboard without the AI suite installed. Could anyone confirm if despite having an Asus Mobo they can run unity based games like The Lab?

Vive Staff

@Leander

So in your case, only unity based games don't run but other games do?

Thanks,

-John C

Leander
Settler

I believe so; There's Deadly Hunter, The Lab, Vanishing Realms and Accounting so far that are not responsive after I've tried loading them. From my summary search they are all unity based (initially it was pointed out by VibrantNebula of the vive staff in another thread).

These games seem to load on the desktop but never on the headset just as OP described (I can run many other  non-unity titles without any issues though).

Edit: I was curious so I checked the graphics engine of the games OP can't run and they are Unity based as well.

Vive Staff

@Leander

That's very interesting... you're running in Direct mode, right? What's your display mirror set up as?

Thanks,

-John C

Leander
Settler

I am indeed using direct mode (I've tried disabling it but it didn't help). As for the display mirror setup, I'll have to check. Should be able to get back to you by next week.

MwahaCookie
Settler

Here are links to the logs:

Here is a system report: https://pastebin.com/rqUpgTGx