Repair in endless limbo

mrgsoft
Contributor

Repair in endless limbo

I'm in limbo with my repair with HTC and I hope someone has advice to how to unstick this. 

I sent  a vive controller for warranty repair after discussing with HTC support.  It was delivered according to the fedex tracking ID.

That was more than 5 weeks ago.  Over the last 5 weeks I've contacted HTC Support a dozen times via the two methods I know of  - chat and email.  The reps tell me they will check with the repair center and will get a response in 48 hours but they never have anything for me.  

I'm frustrated.  Is there some secret support number /email / process / secret handshake I need to use to get this repair moving?  The ticket still shows not received by the repair center.

Thanks so much if you can offer a contact that can help.

Zenorf
Contributor

Re: Repair in endless limbo

Sorry to say, I'm in a similar boat.

Base station became defective, agreed to get it sent off and was told I'd get instructions by e-mail within 24hrs. That was last week. Now I get no answers to my e-mail and the live chat is offline.

Hopefully this is a temprary state of affairs.

Vive Staff

Hello, My name is Rhiannon, and I am with HTC, and will be monitoring the forums, and assisting with issues.  mrgsoft, Zenorf, I have private messaged you regarding your issues, and look forward to your responses. 

mrgsoft
Contributor

Thanks Rhiannon.  It's truly appreciated. 

Zenorf
Contributor

Thanks.

I've replied.

It looks like there is currently no way to contact Vive UK support. The live chat is offline, and the e-mail verification Captcha does not load on the page. None of that is helpful obviously, but it may go a little way to explaining things.

They do also have my phone number so I'm assuming they are under attack by murderous demons who have cut off power and communications. Hope they survive because we have a game to develope... and y'know because basic humany decency makes me want them to escape teh demons 'n' stuff.

Bromomaster
Contributor

I am having a similar experience and from the Htc assistance chat i had received only inconclusive reassurances that they'd handle it "as fast as possible" . They say it is a stock problem but after 4 weeks i am being told that i start not to believe much to them anymore (and also from the experiences i read online, this isn't a rare situation).

The Vive headset was shipped and received, it was confirmed it was a under warranty repair, then they told me it was a replacement (better so, for a brand new item) and since then, just a "stock issue". On Friday i talked with one operator telling me it was ready for shipping, but on Tuesday (today) it is again stock issue.

Even with a stock issue, a month is way too long, expecialy since i was predicted a time of 5-7 days. 

Is there anyone actually really able to help with this painful process? At the moment my thought is that when i'll get it back i probably will ask a refund and buy an Oculus.

It's a pity because Vive is a marvelous device but this kind of technology, at this kind of price, can't be owned with a basically inexistant assistance care.

A very disappointed enthusiast customer

Bromomaster
Contributor

Do you have by chance any means to help someone else in a similar situation or would it be like talking with the "customer service" ?

Vive Staff

@Bromomaster,

I would be honored to be able to help get this taken care of!  Please Private Message me with the Ticket number for this issue, your name that you gave, and your email address.  Please make sure it's in PM, as you don't need that information on the public forum!

Eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Thank you, 

Rhiannon

Vive Customer Support

www.vive.com

Zenorf
Contributor

Thanks for checking up on my situation Rhiannon,

It took 4 attempts with teh customer service today as there was some odd technical issues between the CS guys and the courriers tehy use it appears, but it was all sorted a few hours ago and I have now got my ticket. Hopefully things will go much smoother with the actual repair and I'll be back in business within a couple of weeks.

Bromomaster
Contributor

Thanks for the help, i left you a Private Message with more details and the codes

Vive Staff

Zenorf, 

That's awesome that it got taken care of.  If you need anything else, Please just let me know.

mrgsoft
Contributor

Rhiannon, 

Thank you so much to you and your team for going out of your way to help me out and resolving my problem.  My entire family is grateful!  

Noctis
Visitor

I am in a similar situation as well.  I used SteamVR support first and after troubleshooting and analysis of my system reports determined that one of my basestations was failing and  to contact HTC for repair.  That was over 2 months ago.  My first ticket to HTC was not responded to, but instead received a survey. The poor review led to it being escalated and after another round of troubleshooting and systems reports etc, HTC came to the same conclusion for the need for repair, but did not provide instructions on how to get repair services and closed the ticket.  Now anytime I contact them on how to get repair, it starts over again with more troubleshooting and system reports, but no one will tell me how to actually get the faulty basestation replaced, only that it needs to be replaced. 

Any one know how to actually get the repair done?

Vive Staff

@Noctis

Same thing that was for Bromomaster:

Please Private Message me with the Ticket number for this issue, your name that you gave, and your email address.  Please make sure it's in PM, as you don't need that information on the public forum!

We will get this issue solved!

I'm eagerly waiting to hear from you!

Thank you, 

Rhiannon

Vive Customer Support

www.vive.com

Wachinagi
Contributor

Pop quiz:  You know you'll be entering repair limbo if...

A. You have blonde hair.

B. Your left shoe is on the right foot.

C. You had salad for dinner and are still hungry.

D. You bought an HTC product.

I too am in the "HTC is ignoring me, and not honoring my warranty" limbo that you all are.  Service side I'm being promised the moon.  Repair side....NOTHING.  I was promised a 14 day turn around from they day they recieved it.  I 2nd day air'd my controller to them after it broke (at 3 weeks old, with no abuse) It arrived 2 days after I shipped it, and was signed for at HTC at 9:32am that day.  7 DAYS later they admit they now have it.  3 days after that they say it's "in repair".  Then...it updates to shipped.  No tracking, no nothing...just shipped.  I planned to wait for tracking to update when I suddenly recieve an email from HTC repair with a NEW ticket number asking me to send them my controller.   I freak out, because I've already been digging into reviews of HTC repair, and lying about parts/componants/never receieving a device is not unheard of from them.  I immediately contact support via live chat.  I ask what's going on, and their reasoning is that they are moving facilities, so they needed to ship my controller to the new facility.  Ok....

1. The NEW email with the NEW ticket telling me to send my controller to HTC is still giving me the OLD address....and they ALREADY HAVE MY CONTROLLER.  

2. Why do they need to issue a NEW ticket to ship something?

3. What does ANY of that have to do with the fact that my controller was supposedly already repaired and should have been shipped to ME and NOT to some new facility??

4. Have they been moving facilities every week for a decade?  Because their explaination to me doesn't explain why this issue has been persistent for almost every customer who needs a repair for such a very long time...

Ok...so they assure me they haven't lost it, everything is fine.  Despite that fact that it should already be BACK IN MY HANDS, everything is great.  So I wait, for another half a month, and...?  Nothing.  No status updates, no communication, no controller.  I live chat again, and get nothing except "Everything is fine".  I email support via a VERY detailed email, and I get ignored.  I call every phone number at HTC that I can find, each person who answers is MORE than willing to help, but 100% not able to help, and they fully acknowlege that HTC repair is a %$#^show.  I email the CEO of HTC (Cher Wang) and again get ignored.

Finally, I email HTC support again.  I very clearly state the issues AGAIN.  I very clearly state my frustration AGAIN.  But this time I add two factors.  One, a promise to send a mass email to every tech reviewer/blogger/youtuber along with my local news station and the local news station near the HTC repair facility.  Second the words "LEGAL REPRESENTATION for failure to honor the manufacturers warranty" are in the email.

What a surprise...I get an IMMEDIATE reply.  Any guesses as to what that reply was?  

"Everything is fine."  

Leaving me right where I've been for the entirely of this experience.  NOWHERE.  

Waiting until Friday, then filing suit.  Anyone else out there in the exact same boat?  Let me know.  If there's enough of us, a Class Action isn't out of the question.

HTC does not care one bit about it's customers.  I am fully in regret for buying the Vive, I wish I had purchased the Rift.  I'll never buy anything that says HTC on it or in it ever again.  ]

Not even a nigHTCap.