Constantly getting "The following products are restricted by the shipping country you specified."

SOLVED
Highlighted
rubendevries099
Contributor

Constantly getting "The following products are restricted by the shipp...

Hi.

everytime I try to order a Vive when I press " proceed to checkout" after entering all my billing and shipping info I get.~problem.jpg

but it only happens when I select it for my home country (Ireland) when I choose any other country the it goes through to the verify order screen.

I already contacted support about this a week ago with still no response.

please help.

thank you

Mr Ruben De Vries
Vive Staff

Re: Constantly getting "The following products are restricted by the s...

@rubendevries099

When you say you contacted support, did you email us or use the Live Chat?

I can try to look into this, but I'm curious if you have tried with another browser/incognito window to avoid cached data?

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
rubendevries099
Contributor

thanks for your reply.

I tried to contact both ways, from the live support said he was going to get back to me because he issue had to be pushed higher, and in regards to emailing you I havent recieced anything on that front yet.

and yes I have tried to do it in another browser/Incognito mode but the issue still remained.

Ruben

Mr Ruben De Vries
Vive Staff

Interesting. I just tried to replicate it and it worked for me, sending me into the sign-in page as expected. Are you logged into your HTC sense account already?

Thank you,

-John C

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

rubendevries099
Contributor

I should be. I signed into it using my steam account.

Mr Ruben De Vries
Vive Staff

Try signing out first.

Thanks,

-John C

rubendevries099
Contributor

attempted purchasing it while being signed out. same result. 

Mr Ruben De Vries
Vive Staff

What URL are you on when you try to make the purchase?

Thanks,

-John C

Vive Staff
Solution

Hi Ruben,

Sounds like you may be being redirected to our European site, where you're adding a Vive with EU 2-pin plugs in your cart. If you open this link in a new incognito window, you'll get the correct checkout.

To help investivate, would you please be able to help privately message me:

1. Your IP address (Google can show you)

2. The reference number for the checkout where your shipping country was restricted:Capture.PNG