Base stations show green in steam status but not tracking

SOLVED
Tyfurness
Contributor

Base stations show green in steam status but not tracking

When I have everything plugged in, it is showing green on the steam vr status screen, however if I go into room setup, when I get to the screen for setting up the room scale, it only shows one of the base stations. I have both of them set up above 6 feet, looking at each other (about 10 feet away), pointing down. I have checked the channels and switched between b and c and a and b with the sync cable. I even switched the lighthouses to try and see if it was just the location, but the one that was working before continued to work on the opposite side and the one that wasn't working continued to not work. Any advice?
Tyfurness
Contributor

Re: Base stations show green in steam status but not tracking

After looking into it a bit more, I have found that highlighting the green base station icon on steam status window showed a message saying it was connected but not tracking. Looking that error up found that the IR sensors might not be working as intended. When I looked at the IR lights to confirm, I found that indeed one of the IR lights wasn't displaying at all. Looks like I'll have to ask for a replacement.
Vive Staff

@Tyfurness

Were you able to contact support Live Chat to set up an RMA for the base station?

Thank you,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
Tyfurness
Contributor

Thanks for the check up reply! We were given our vive, so we don't have a receipt of purchase. We haven't bothered to try as we didn't think that we could get a replacement without that.
Vive Staff
Solution

@Tyfurness

That shouldn't matter, so long as you're within warranty. Even if you aren't, they'll quote you a price for repairs. I'd recommend talking to Live Chat regardless so you understand all your options.

Thank you!

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F