1 Base Station works better then 2......

Lyvondria
Explorer

1 Base Station works better then 2......

Hello...

I have a big problem.. I have 2 Base Stations. 1 Base Station works better then 2 Base Stration. I have literally tested EVERY Room Setup I could do. Nothing worked. Whenever I have 2 Base Stations on, my Controllers are just flying away in all direction. I dont know why. This makes literally no sense to me. Here is an Image of my current Room/Setup:

https://imgur.com/a/KpXMe

https://imgur.com/a/AUP1b

You can see, those 2 Base Stations are seeing each other.

What I tried:

Turn light off/on

Setup different Room Scale

Opened my closet incase the mirror is reflecting

Moved the camera forward

Even Standing Play works better with 1 Base Station

I really need help with this.

Regards

Lyvondria

Vive Staff

Re: 1 Base Station works better then 2......

@Lyvondria

When you say one station, is it consistently one station or does it not matter which one you use, as long as you don't use both?

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
Lyvondria
Explorer

Well, I didnt tried this yet. The only thing I did was using the Base Station near my picture. So the one who is mounted on the wall, not the tripod one. I turned off the tripod one and used the other one. Both glasses are clean. I cleaned then with the thing I got from the Vive for the Headset glasses.

Lyvondria
Explorer

The thing is.. what I dont undertand... when there are 2 base stations, and you are standing infront of one base station with your headset, then you block the vision the base station is behind you so the second base station loses tracking, or? 

Vive Staff

@Lyvondria

That can happen, so you have to make sure that their mounted far enough over your head. Try only turning on the other one now and see how well that one tracks.

Thanks,

-John C

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Lyvondria
Explorer

Well, I tested it again and I turned up both base station above my head. Now its working. But Im not sure if now the base stations know where the floor is since they are facing up pretty much. Even tho i dont know if my trackers on the feet still viewable by the base station...

How is the radius of the camera inside the base station? Is it realy realy wide?

Vive Staff

You can have them physically up high but aim them down. The FOV is fairly wide - You can use this to get an idea of it https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=711411281

Thanks,

-John C

Lyvondria
Explorer

Oh okey, so I can use this to align them perfecly that even my Vive trackers on my feet are visable? Because this is the other issue I have... Sometimes the balls ingame they are just floating somewhere and then coming back then floating away again... like the Controllers...

Also, I want to know if the Steam Tracker 2.0 is out so I can maybe buy a 3rd base station since I have so many problems with my 2.... Maybe my room isnt made for 2 base station.. Idk.. 

Vive Staff

@Lyvondria

You may be having some reflection issues, so make sure you cover up any shiny or reflective surfaces with some thick cloth or something similar and see if that improves your tracking.

Thanks,

-John C

Lyvondria
Explorer

Hm okey. I think it might be my close, right? See my screen, its reflecting abit, am I right? Thats the only thing i can imagine of reflecting. Maybe my TV but that isnt in my angle.
Vive Staff

@Lyvondria

That could be it! Can you cover that up or test the tracking in a different room?

Thanks!

-John C

Lyvondria
Explorer

I cant test a different room but I have so many reflecting things in here.. my Base Stations are definitely correct aligned now. Sometimes my balls from the 3 Vive Tracker are just flying in all direction and I cant fix it... I also noticed only my Basestation in the corner is detecting my hips Tracker.. I have to turn around everytime when I want the ball back... Sometimes I think only 1 Basestation are just tracking the things...  I think im gonna do this tomorrow and cover eeeeeeeverything up I got in my room. Those base stations seems very sensible.

I cant test it in a different room, we have almost everywhere windows.

I hope thats it because if its not, I have no idea why this happens. We will see tomorrow and I message you back then if its ok :) I dont want to spend 300$ on something which is not working Q_Q I see sooooo many people in VRChat (which is a game where many people most uses VR) who are having full-body tracking and it looks so good. Except for me.

If you want, I can make a small video tomorrow and then you can look it up how it looks like IF its not working with covering all the reflections I have.

But I have to say, my Vive Controller war working much better now. I played for 2 hours and they didnt flew away. Now I need to fix ma Vive Trackers... 

Vive Staff

@Lyvondria

I'm glad to hear we're making some progress! Let me know how it works tomorrow.

Thank you,

-John C

Lyvondria
Explorer

Hello,

Alright. Status Update. My closet were reflecting too much and my window. I put something over my big closet for testing and i have almost no problems with my Vive Tracker and my Controllers. It works completly fine now for me :) I might get a new closet and remove this one with the reflecting window.

Thanks for your help and now I can play good with my trackers :p I had literally no idea that this can cause so much issues o:
Vive Staff

@Lyvondria

Great! Glad to hear it!

Thanks,

-John C