how do i get my free games

Highlighted
ukrobert36
Visitor

how do i get my free games

iv just bought a vive from pc world/currys

and i was wondering how to claim my free  games i havent recived no code about them via email or i havent found nothing in the box

thanks for your time

rob

Rockjaw
Architect

Re: how do i get my free games

Hi @ukrobert36, the process varies by retailer (even here in the US) so it may differ slightly for PC World. I can check definitively on Monday. Codes should be received by email, but it generally takes a few days for them to come through - again it can vary by retailer.

In the interim, though, a few things you should check - first, your receipt, as in some US retailers the codes (or details about how to get the codes) are printed there. Second, talk to PC World themselves and ask what the process is. Third, although it may take a few days, keep checking your 'spam' folder to make sure an email hasn't ended up there with the code details.

I'll investigate and try to get more details for you, though. Before you get those bundled titles, by the way, don't forget to check out the many different cool (and free) experiences on Viveport. :)

nigethechap
Visitor

Hey

Did you get anywhere with this, i've had my vive for over 3 weeks, yet i don't have my codes for the free games.

Any assistance would be much appriciated.

Nige

fantom_scfc
Visitor

Hi, I bought mine in store at Currys, nobody took my email so I expected there to be codes in the box, this wasn't the case.

I had a ball ache trying to get them through their customer services, they kept telling me it was up to HTC to supply them (which is totally untrue) Eventually they put me through to the store I bought it from and a really helpful guy cancelled my sale and resold it me just so they could take my email, 1 week later STILL no codes so I got onto the store again, spoke to the same person, he said he'd get on to head office for me, 10 minutes later I had an email with the code, and advice that this would allow me to download Zombie training simulator and  The Gallery - Episode 1: Call of the Starseed. When I put the code into Steam I was delighted that it also gave me Tilt Brush! saved me 23 quid!

I would say, go to your store, explain to them that their website advises 2 free games and threaten to bring the Vive back if they don't sort it.

Good luck!

Rockjaw
Architect

Hey @nigethechap@fantom_scfc has some pretty solid advice here!

Not sure if you're in the UK or elsewhere, but the short version is if you bought your Vive from a retailer, it's the retailer's responsibility to give you the code required to get the games. If you bought from Vive.com directly, it's our/HTC's responsibility - in which case, contact Customer Care (details are in my sig below).