Viveport game subscription/rental. How does it work? I don`t get it.

Highlighted
viperchannel
Settler

Viveport game subscription/rental. How does it work? I don`t get it.

Ok, so I got my subscription and I can choose 5 titeles per month and "rent" them. I download them, install them and I can play them untill the end of the month. After that month, they dissapear in my library. Right? Next month I can choose 5 new titles (or the same ones I guess If I want to continue playing).

Is this how It is supposed to work?

Or can i play them as long as my subscription runs and I get 5 additional titles every month. (so for a 3 month sub, I would have 15 titles in my library in the last month)? And I loose all games once my sub runs out?

Because I currently can continue playing games from last month, although they dissapeared in my library by going to the folder and starting the exe... Is this just very poorly programmed or intended?

OTGDJ
Contributor

Re: Viveport game subscription/rental. How does it work? I don`t get i...

I see a window that shows 0/5 games, but I'm not clear on this whole model either.  Am I supposedly renting games?  Where are the good games? Viveport only has a very few games?  I can only choose the games that say subscription?  This entire service seems very poorly thought out overall.  I have already had to purchase games on Steam, why would I want to do the same here?

viperchannel
Settler

I think i understood it. As a subscriber you can rent 5 games each month and they expire at the end of it. Not all games are able to be rented.
there are also some other benefits for subscribers, but thats a different story.

For some reason, I can continue playing my games after that month and rent 5 new ones. Surely this is not intended by the developers and I dont know if the drm system is bad or not existing or not on all titles. Maybe I was just lucky. I will see it in a couple days if I can keep my 5 december titles.
Se7en11
Architect

Viperchannel you are correct the first way you described it after the month you can not play the games and have to pick 5 more or the same or a mixture of the 2 they will last you for another month. 
Its a great way to try games and experiences.

Se7enVR
-Is it Real or Just VR? not a question just a Signature
Se7en11
Architect

@OTGDJ wrote:

I see a window that shows 0/5 games, but I'm not clear on this whole model either.  Am I supposedly renting games?  Where are the good games? Viveport only has a very few games?  I can only choose the games that say subscription?  This entire service seems very poorly thought out overall.  I have already had to purchase games on Steam, why would I want to do the same here?

Ok the 0/5 games means you have not selected any yet each time you add a game to your subscription your number will change 1/5 until you have all five for the month. 
Are you reanting the games basically yes thats how the system works. 
Viveport only has a few games? Are you serious it has over 500 games to pick from and some exclusives as well. plus more added all the time. 
why would you purchase games from somewhere else? do you only use one hop when buying your clothes? or food? or anything else? have you never used other sites to buy games? you will find each site steam, viveport, oculus, greenman gaming or what ever else you use to get vr games they have different deals on, so why not shop around seems like you havent really studied what viveport can offer you. 

Se7enVR
viperchannel
Settler

Why somewhere else?
Bad return policy
No subforums for games
No beta possibilities
No early access
No mod options
Lot of top titles missing
Bad review system
Bad rating system
Bad social system
No remap options
Strange translations on the website
Paypal does not always work
Often titels are in chinese in the billing reciept
Sales go wrong and not eaven the support knows whats going on
And many more.

If i want to know something about a game or have an issue i need to go the the other big plattform to get those information. So the only reason is the price. Some sales are just cheaper here. Otherwhise the big game plattform just offers so much better service and quality and more games.

Just look at the top selling vr games... More than half of them are not avalible here. Viveport eaven gives away steamkeys for certain sales because they dont have the games themself.

I dont want to talk the site bad, but thats just my expirience from the last 3-4 weeks tgat i have been here. I bought a lot of games here on sale but if they would have been at the same price, I would have bought them somewhere else. Especially because of the possibility to use beta versions.
Se7en11
Architect

Well sorry you had a bad experience but i answer you questions nad you just seem to want to rant.
what you class as a top title game other might not. I have found some real hidden gems when i have used the service. 
I guess as people you can find fault with a lot of things but i prefer to look on the brighter side of life where these little issues are nothing really to get upset over. 

Se7enVR
viperchannel
Settler

I dont justvwant to rant, when i created this post I really was confused because I could keep my games that werr timed out.

Top titles are easy to name, just google for top vr games 2018.

So I think this here is solved and the drm system here is just not existant or badly programmed and I might get 5 free games each month.