VDA Community Choice: what did you vote for?

DankCobber
Visitor

Re: VDA Community Choice: what did you vote for?

I vote for TheBlu as its the only VR game I've ever played and it was an amazing experience. I wish to further enjoy the varieties that VR has to offer with this Vive :)

ardinan
Visitor

I Voted for mini golf because i love playing mini golf in real life and watching mat and steph play made me want to go and buy a vive just so i can play this!

G0d0fninjas12
Contributor

i voted for PaintLab because the idea of being able to draw anywhere, anything and it acting like a 3D version of painting programs is very creative (pun not intended)

G0d0fninjas12
Contributor

i voted for paint lab because it can help improve your creative art skills and sometimes train to be better than your friends.

My Favorite HTC Vive game would have to be: Cloudland Minigolf, now im not tsaying that just to get my vote in and be done with it, but I decided to choose it becuase of the playthrough that Jacksepticeye And GTLive did of it. I loved the fact hat its Minigolf, I loved to watch them rage (sorry guys). and I thought that it would be great to play it with my friends.

Bane
Visitor

I voted for World of Diving because i think this game is awesome because you can explore the sea and you won't get bored.
Davega
Visitor

Voted for paint lab
Because, art, painting, passion maybe. I like painting. I wanna create some 3d art.

I voted for A Chair in a Room becuase of the story and how you are physically able to explore the virtual world whilst playing because it is very immersive and such an amazing experience :smileyvery-happy: :heart:

patarino
Visitor

My vote is definitely for A Chair in a Room: Greenwater.  This game makes the best use of roomscale to date.  If your play space is big enough, there's no need for teleporting which allows you to stay completely immersed in the environments.  Something people fail to mention is how AWESOME the story is too!  The main character suffers from psychiatric problems which allows for some interesting story elements, all of which the player must face head on.  I also have to give credit to the great game design: the sound and visual cues for this game are spot-on.  I almost never felt stuck in the game because the developer subtly pulls your attention in certain directions.  

I could keep going on and on, but I'll end by saying that A Chair in a Room: Greenwater is the best most fleshed out VR experience I've had so far.  10/10.  Oh and there's DLC ;)

Nekrofanatic
Visitor

the blu.... love to scuba dive and this was a cool way to do it indoors!

Kritso
Visitor

I voted for PaintLab because it is the only thing I have used on the HTC vive, I went the the NEC skills show and there was one there :3

CharcoalCrow
Contributor

Strangely enough, I voted for Surreal because of a dream I had last night. I was in a virtual game, using a innovative glove controller which allowed me to move each finger separately in the game. It was a social/RPG hybrid kind of game, with an extensive monster fighting side, but I didn't spend much time there. Instead, I painted in game artwork for people to put up in their player homes. I usually hired a friend to come out with me into high level areas and fight off the monsters while I got a good look at certain locations, creatures, and plants or whatever. Then I'd head back to town, paint a few paintings using VR motion tracking, and then I'd sell them for in game coin.
My friend, who tagged along with me in the dream, was a blacksmith. The game required the players to legitimately get good at working with metals. He had to heat it in a furnace, bend and beat it with a hammer, and even etch personalized designs on it before he'd sell each piece.

So, to sum it up, I think social VR games are going somewhere. Sure, Surreal  is a little wacky, but I think the VR field could be a place for people to develop some pretty real talents. I think the more development people put into it now, the faster we can get where we're going.

CharcoalCrow
Contributor

The suspense game would be cool, too. I wonder if scary VR games is the future of taking a date to a scary movie? I bet creeping down a crypt hallway with a significant other would definitely lead to some arm holding.

I voted for Cloudlands: VR Minigolf because I already love golf but to make it into VR in its calming setting adds to my love for it. Also the Sidemen have played it this is how I'm aware of the game.

Stacy
Contributor

I voted for the Brookhaven Experiment! It's just so fun and scary.