To All you crying babies over the price.

Se7en11
Architect

Re: To All you crying babies over the price.

https://gph.is/294pQwt

Se7enVR
-Is it Real or Just VR? not a question just a Signature
KingRangnar
Constructor

@Bulletz86

Well you shouldn't... It's ment to be for the current owners, with existing base stations and controllers. But why all the trolling? At first there was nothing but hatred towards the Vive pro, then the gen 1 headsets , and suddenly you're just saying how much you really want the Vive pro ? Make up ur mind m8. Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2us3-YHs9RI and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr1kXQlypfU&t=6s.

Here is a high level set of first impressions for the Vive Pro. Trying to answer as many questions as I can on https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/86usgp/vive_pro_in_hand_what_would_you_like_to_know/ and this and in future videos. Be patient! I'm doing this as fast as I can! ❤ Come hang out on
dgalietti
Settler

Ok.  I will let everyone else handle the obvious stuff and say this...

You say the Vive pro is for commercial use only, and I say BS. 

1. It has not been marketed that way. It has been marketed as a high end VR experience that CAN be used in arcades, office, or your LIVING ROOM.  

2. Literall the ONLY people that can use the Vive Pro at this point??  HOME USERS who already have everything required to make the thing actually work!

3. You realize that you can just click on the Vive pro page from here and verify that you have no idea what you are talking about right?

KingRangnar
Constructor

@dgalietti,

I got confused though ... who exactly you're replying to ? 

Also VR developers in which group they fall into ? 

Bulletz86
Explorer

He's obviously replying to the OP who said the Pro is not for home consumers but for commercial use and priced as such which I also metioned and called BS as well. It has totally been hyped to the consumer market as a replacement/upgrade to the existing system and you even said that yourself so the OP is full of it. HE is the troll here, which if you read the title of this post that much becomes clear. OP is trolling people who are not foolish enough or have too much willpower and common sense  to spend $800 for a mediocre but much needed headset only upgrade or $1,300+ to buy  the system piece meal. I say much needed because the Vive 1.0 resolution is terrible.

Se7en11
Architect

Are you still Crying over the price. Im buying shares in Tissues you must be using so many of them. 
Move on the vive is not for you. Thats clear you have said it yourself you wont be buying one so nothing else to say. 
Let this forum return to its calming love of all things Great about HTC and the Vive. 
The Fairies wish you well. 

fairy.jpg

Se7enVR
-Is it Real or Just VR? not a question just a Signature
Bulletz86
Explorer

All things great about the Vive and Pro? I'm not saying there aren't any but what I am talking about is the price gouging. Also your weird obsession with fairies is getting creepy and disturbing so I'm not going to respond to your comments anymore. Have a nice life Mr. Sycophant.

Evileyes
Settler

I have to say, I am super excited for the Vive Pro. I always wished I had just a tad bit more in clarity that so called "small bump" in improvement is actually perfect. At this point in time. Iron sights can actually be seen clearly. Texts and menus/health bars will also be clearer which is just what ive been needing/wanting. And its not too much for the current hardware! ( I own a 1080 GTX)

I never got the new audio strap for Vive 1, so I welcome to new audio and complete comfort! (Vive pro users are raving about the comfort!) Even if the CV2 or the Vive 2 were released tomorrow, it would be a huge mess in hardware requirements. (unless they optimize eye tracking etc)

Like I said, that small bump in resolution is just what I need for the current best VR experience at this point in time. Another way of justifying the purchase is, how it should retain most of its value, when it comes time to resale. Also, the entertainment for family and friends coming over is priceless, I LOVE showing VR to people who have never experienced it!  By the time CV2 and Vive 2 come around,I am hoping my computer will already be upgraded by then, and can welcome them in with open arms :)

Vive Pro is the perfect HMD at this point in time, sooner or later you will realize this if you care about VR at all.

The Samsungs tracking is laughable and Pimax just has too many variables right now to even consider it as a major player imo.