Storing the Vive

Wipeout
Contributor

Storing the Vive

hi all, so i got my vive along with the deluxe strap. before i got the deluxe strap i packed my vive away back into the box it arrived in, but with the deluxe strap on the headset it doesnt fit in the box :(.

so im just wondering how does everyone store their vive? 

cheers

Vive Staff

Re: Storing the Vive

@Wipeout

I typically hang mine from mounted hooks along with the controllers. You'll want to make sure that if you go that route, the mounts are sturdy so they don't drop the headset and you'll want to be certain that there's no sunlight shining directly into the lenses because that can cause damage to the displays.

I believe there are third-party charging stations and such that have been created as one-stop solutions for storing your equipment while not in use.

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
Wipeout
Contributor

@Synthesishanging the equipment isnt the best idea in my house :(. i was going to get a mannequin head and rest the vive on that, however i was abit concerned that this would leave alot of stress on the front if using the standard strap im not sure how this would still apply with the deluxe strap as its abit more sturdy  

Vive Staff

@Wipeout

We have a couple of mannequin heads set up at the office with Vives attached just that way. It should be fine, and it does look pretty cool as a display too.

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F