If you could Design a Vive Game what would it be?

HeartDigger
Visitor

Re: If you could Design a Vive Game what would it be?

I would make a ww1 trench thing, or mabye ww2 and you are at dday or even a paratrooper or in nam and on a patrol. star wars would be cool, especially close wars. But i think starship troopers would be great, its perfect. Bugs that are 2 tames your size chasing you around mabye on multiplayer. it would be the best.

Se7en11
Architect

@HeartDigger wrote:

I would make a ww1 trench thing, or mabye ww2 and you are at dday or even a paratrooper or in nam and on a patrol. star wars would be cool, especially close wars. But i think starship troopers would be great, its perfect. Bugs that are 2 tames your size chasing you around mabye on multiplayer. it would be the best.

@HeartDigger i can tell you i know of two developers that are working on at least one of those ideas 
Have to seen Lockdown:stand alone that is like starship troopers with big bugs and aliens to shoot. 

Se7enVR
-Is it Real or Just VR? not a question just a Signature

I would like to design an open world RPG similar to WOW or EQ2 with decent graphics. Not that cartoony, blocky, or pixelated crap. I think it would be awesome to traverse another world in VR with my sword and shield or my staff or my bow and arrow with cool armor sets to wear. In fact I think it would be more natural playing in VR than it would be on a mouse and keyboard. And the effects in true 3D/360 degrees woud be simply awesome. Of course I am sure it would take a good rig to run a game like that but I am up for the challenge. I only wish I knew how to use Unreal 4 development engine. Sims are ok but I really don't get that thrilled by army games anymore and killing real people in PVP.  RPG all the way for me. ;-)

Number1weakling
Contributor

I would create a game of Adventure Time Card Wars, it would be so cool especcilly if i made it multiplayer with other vive players. This is for the HTC VIVE

Highlighted
Number1weakling
Contributor

I would create a game of Adventure Time Card Wars, it would be so cool especcilly if i made it multiplayer with other vive players. This is for the HTC VIVE

ManOfSteelMan
Contributor

There was  a game around 1993 or so called Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss. It predated Doom and was quite advanced for it's time. There were roughly twenty-five miles of dungeon with a lot of miniquests. It was an open world although the deeper you descended the harder it got.

You played in first person perspective as someone known as "The Avatar". You met people and creatures, some would talk, others would fight. You found your weapons, armor, and shields along the way. There were magical items too and you cast spells with your rune sack and tablet. It was done in 3D although the creatures were in 2D. To see that come to life would be awesome!

Another one that comes to mind is that you are walking down a dark road, minding your own business, when a beam of light comes from the sky and takes you aboard a flying saucer with green men with antennas. They want you to represent Earth and you are free to roam the ship. They've got a recreation room with things to play and watch, although it all came from broadcasts of the 1950's due to how long it took the radio and early TV to reach their planet.

So it gets silly as they give you a communication device which looks like and acts like an old telephone because that's the way they figure you are comfortable with. Video screens are black-and-white and look like those old round ones in a box with the antenna sticking out. It comes complete with ghosting and static as they figure that's the way we like them.

You get a housewife or an earning husband, probably android who do what you'd expect from old shows like "Father Knows Best" or "Leave It To Beaver". Maybe they would even ask if you want coffee and then imitate a Maxwell House brand like they would have done in the commercials.

The rest of the ship is alien to you but your interfaces that you do understand are sixty or seventy years out of date. Also, when they speak "English" expect it to contain words and phrases like "Daddy-o" and "Give me some skin!"

wOOOOt
Pioneer

MMO all the way.

The Elder Scrolls Online is probably the best mmo on the market today, and I would give my firstborn to be able to play ESO in VR.