[NEW] Vive Wave SDK Links (Latest SDK release: Aug 14, 2018)

[NEW] Vive Wave SDK Links (Latest SDK release: Aug 14, 2018)

The most recent Wave SDK is version 2.1

(Released Aug 14, 2018)  

The Vive Developer site is the quickest method to access the Wave SDK (it provides access to everything, including the Unreal plugin.  

1.) Vive Developer Resources Site Wave SDK Access:

Sign in/Register as a Vive Developer at this link - https://developer.vive.com/resources

ViveDeveloperSite.png

Once signed in, navigate to the Vive Wave SDK page - https://vivedeveloper.com/knowledgebase/wave-sdk/  where you will find links to download the Wave SDK which includes the Unity plugin and the Unreal plugin. 

To download, make sure to Read and agree to the Wave SDK license by checking the box.

jf@htxlabs.com
Builder

Re: [NEW] Vive Wave SDK Links (Latest SDK release: May 30, 2018)

The Unreal Plugin link on the Download page is returning a weird error (image is attached)

https://developer.vive.com/resources/knowledgebase/wave-sdk/

Vive Staff

jf@htxlabs.com thanks for your feedback, and the link is error and we'll update correct link soon.

Vive Staff

The link should be okay now, let me know if anyone of you still meet download problem.

Thanks.

EIlyazov
Explorer

Thanks for the link, dowloaded just fine here.

I've got another question.

I cannot launch the new SDK of the plugin no matter the engine version - 4.19 or 4.20.

Unfortunatelly I can't even open the "plugin.uproject" file, it gives me the error message attached below - "The following modules are missing..."

Does anybody else have the same issue and/or solution fo it?

TIA

chismer
Explorer

https://hub.vive.com/storage/app/doc/en-us/UnrealPlugin/UnrealPlugin.html

Copy and paste ThirdParty to <Whrere you install your UE4>\Epic Games\UE_4.20\Engine\Source\ThirdParty
EIlyazov
Explorer

I did it.. It still says that I need to rebuild from source manually..
chismer
Explorer

This Plugin only works for 4.20. If you have the WVR folder in engine / source / Thirdparty there should be no problem. In case you delete binaries, intermediaries and saved folders from your project and try again to open. If it still does not work, try downloading the SDK again and try again. One thing that I have seen in your photo and that I do not have in my sdk download is the WaveVrInput plugin. Where did you get it from?, that plugin is not in the example project for unreal. Can it be that that is what of the failure?
MDV Games
Explorer

Hi, Ellyazov. I have same problems. Do you fix it?

EIlyazov
Explorer

WVR is in ThirdParty folder, WaveVR and WaveVRInput are in Plugins\WaveVR\Source folder. I tried to download it again but nothing changes..
MDV Games
Explorer

@Tony PH Lin, can you help us? Please...

chismer
Explorer

Delete the WaveVrInput from the Plugins folder, which I think is not compatible with 4.20. Try again. But the best thing you can do is to open the sample project of the new sdk, with what comes by default, without adding the WaveVRInput plugin (only the WaveVr folder and the WVR folder in Thirdparty should be in Plugins, but in the folders where you have installed the engine: For example C: ProgramsFiles / EpicGames / 4.20 / Engine / Source / ThirdParty). With that he must open. Unfortunately, in your project, you will have to access the input commands with the new configuration offered by this new plugin.
Vive Staff

To All,

"It still says that I need to rebuild from source manually.." This is the reason if developer don't build the binary from source code.

We will provide a patch to include the binary files soon.

Thanks.

headgear
Pioneer

Just updating this thread - the latest UE4 plugin was working for me with the UE4.20 binary following the instructions. SDK version 2.1.0 downloaded August 24th

MDV Games
Explorer

Unfortunately, with 4.20.2 don't work for me.