Where to start? Wanting help to bring my dream of helping others

Alanapaige
New Arrival

Where to start? Wanting help to bring my dream of helping others

So, I know I couldn’t possibly be the only one wanting to do the same but I had to try and reach out. To paraphrase will be hard. I’m a domestic abuse survivor. I’m a single mother of an amazing 1 yr old but it’s not been easy. The hardest thing has been #1. Breaking out of the social anxiety I developed #2. Getting help in an on demand basis for PTSD. #3. Constantly needing help with having my child watched as I worked with a therapist. None of these are easy. None. The thought dawned on me when I watched VRchat videos. I desperately needed interactions professionally. Waiting lists just don’t help matters. So while watching these VR videos, I realized what an amazing thing VR therapy can be. I know first off, many survivors are reclusive. Withdrawn. And feel shame sometimes, despite it not being their fault. With VR, we can provide constant help for those suffering depression, mental health issues, and even drug abuse rehabilitation. We’re afraid to open up to people in person. We have to sometimes remain silent for safety or court hearings. It’s not healthy though! If I could have simply put on a headset, be transported to a totally free space and maintain total anonymity and open up, my healing could’ve started long ago. You have ability to create avatars and even change voice. One could totally open up about their experience in either individual or group settings. Some that suffer with alcohol or drug abuse could not be hindered by the stigma of AA and attend therapy more often. I believe even those abusers or people with mental health conditions, can open up about their actions and not be chastised. I know, if my abuser had the option to seek therapy to the most private extent, hope is still possible.

But how do I find an investor or co-developer ? How can I express how much passion I have behind this project; to get the chance to change lives, to provide closure and to begin healing ? This isn’t just some chat session I’m wanting. To bring that feeling of not being alone but also not needing to put a bag over your head just so you don’t feel too ashamed to get help could be a breakthrough experience. There shouldn’t be some hefty payment just for emotional support and help. It should not be some scheme where you just throw psych major drop outs. There should be legitimate counselors provided to any and every person with these sufferings. The industry could only benefit from this opportunity. With constant violent outbreaks in society, and two major shootings only an hour away from me... I know how many people need help.

Perhaps I used the forum a little too much lol and perhaps I sound unprofessional. This is mainly me finally wanting to see if there’s positivity that can come from my experience. My life journey and fight for a life free of abuse has to be worth something. Thank you, guys !