Community Announcements

Need help with Viveport? Read this FAQ for information.

steam VR updates bricking base stations

SOLVED

steam VR updates bricking base stations

So, after having a few issues. I finally decided to do the update on the headset, controllers and the base stations. The headset wnet fine, the controllers went fine. But after the first base station updated it stopped working and giving a fault 3. So, ever so foolishly I updated the other base station. Now the second one wont even power on after the update. So the update has bricked both bases. And VIVE says I should send them in and PAY FOR A REPAIR. Anyone else have this happen to them? Anyone find a way to fix this? Or found a way to make VIVE repair any damage caused by software updates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vive Staff

Re: steam VR updates bricking base stations

@jedimasterfishstix

Hi, I responded to you in another thread, but please feel free to respond here or via PM. I'd like to get your information so I can look into what happened and see how I might help. Did you already send your base stations in or do you have them with you currently? I may be able to troubleshoot them and get them back into working order if the firmware update is the only complication.

Send me a message.

Thank you,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
4 REPLIES
Vive Staff

@jedimasterfishstix

Hi, I responded to you in another thread, but please feel free to respond here or via PM. I'd like to get your information so I can look into what happened and see how I might help. Did you already send your base stations in or do you have them with you currently? I may be able to troubleshoot them and get them back into working order if the firmware update is the only complication.

Send me a message.

Thank you,

-John C

Quick update to anyone reading this, HTC stepped up and is taking care of the issue. Big Props to John C. who stepped in and helped make it right.

Highlighted
Constructor

John's the best.

Very helpful and knows his stuff! Smiley Happy

Regards: Jack

Vive Staff

Happy I could help!

Thanks!

-John C