07-14-2017 12:23 PM
I cannot reset the controller.
Holding the grip touchpad and menu buttons for any given amount of time does nothing for me when I plug in the controller via USB. Controller light turns orange to show charging, but that is all.
Unpairing and repairing the controllers did not resolve the issue.
Things I tried from Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4dnvzc/psa_things_to_try_if_youre_having_controller/)
1) Disabling HDMI Audio (Vive Audio) from the playback devices (Not sure why this is relevent but some people had success with this
2) I have an ASUS Board, but none of the ASUS Software is installed so there is nothing to uninstall
3) I have had this issue for almost a year, which means I have tried it with Windows 7, 8, 10 and their respective service packs.
4) Formatting this machine (I have done this several times, twice specifically in an attempt to fix various VIVE issues) does nothing. Same exact controller problems exist.
07-14-2017 01:58 PM
Make sure you're plugged into USB 2.0 ports (not the blue 3.0 ports)
ASUS has a compatibility issue in that regard.
07-14-2017 03:45 PM
1) Confirmed. USB 2.0 Ports
2) What do I do about it? What are my options?
3) I dont get the reference?
07-14-2017 03:49 PM
1 & 2) That should fix it, as far as the USB problems go as long as you stay in USB 2.0 you're fine. At this point, make sure the controller is charged up, it may be a controller malfunction though, especially if you can't reset it normally. You may want to RMA the controller at this point though, if it's stuck in charging, won't pair and won't reset.
3) It's just my signature on the forum.
07-14-2017 09:01 PM - edited 07-14-2017 09:01 PM
Its not stuck in charging.
When I plug it in via usb and turn it on, it works fine, paired and stuff. I can then disconnect it and use it freely
It will pair fine, while plugged in, just wont do it when its not plugged in, and it shuts off within seconds of turning it on.
It wont reset though, I have no idea why. I find it odd that BOTH controllers have the same issue, which is why i'm not convinced the controllers are the problem, but rather firmware or something else.
How do I go about an RMA If that is what needs to be done?
07-17-2017 11:00 AM
"It will pair fine, while plugged in, just wont do it when its not plugged in, and it shuts off within seconds of turning it on."
How long has it been charging? Does it ever go to fully charged status?