broken headset buckle, need replacement part

dizzy
New Arrival

broken headset buckle, need replacement part

I have a vive headset that is working fine except that the plastic ring within the buckle on the head set has broken and the mating part on the strap portion of the buckle can't "click" into it.  I have the little broken plastic piece, I would like to get a replacement for it.  how do I do that.

Thank you,

John

Vive Staff

Re: broken headset buckle, need replacement part

@dizzy

You'll want to contact our Live Chat support at www.vive.com/us/support/contactus and set up and RMA so our service center can repair the broken part.

Thank you!

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
DigitalDaring
Contributor

@dizzy Unfortunately the official method is to send in for an RMA.  I mean, I understand that companies don't just want to ship out spare pieces, but it's a little annoying.  If you'd like, I can try to 3D print you one.  Reply here if you want to give that a shot :-)

GeirG
Contributor

Hi,

I'm the exact same situation, looks like the design of this buckle connector is a bit weak.

As it seems to be a simple thing to swap the connector for the buckle, just one screw holding it (https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HTC+Vive+Teardown/62213#s130812), it would be awesome if it was possible to stop by one of your stores and buy a replacement. Sending the whole thing to your service senter is so wasteful from all points of view (time, money, transport/environmental). Is this at all possible?

Cheers,

Geir

DigitalDaring
Contributor

Could try adapting something like this:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2038745

Vive Staff

@GeirG

We don't maintain any physical stores, but I can assure you that RMA will resolve your issue.

Thank you,

-John C

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

GeirG
Contributor

Yeah, I know you don't have your own stores, but there is at least one place here in London where you can get a demo. Apologies for being so unspecific.

I have no doubt the RMA will fix it. In fact, I would be hugely surprised if it didn't. It is a pretty simple issue after all. I'm just so disappointed by how difficult, time and cost consuming you choose to make it.

Thanks for the reply,

Geir

MirageF1AZ
Contributor

Same issue here.  I'm in South Africa.  It broke after only 2 months of usage while adjusting the headstrap for size.  Any advice much appreciated!

Hellweed
Contributor

My broke (broken right buckle in headset) before having fun 2 months with vive.

i sent ticket, and all needed information, you answer it is so important and priority for you to solve my problem. and now silence. you expect i will wait until end of warranty?

when you buy expensive stuff you expect to have atleast decent quality, not cheap plastic toy designed with flaws.Ticket:118427997599

Vive Staff

@Hellweed

Hi, I sent you a PM.

Thank you,

-John C

Hellweed
Contributor

@Synthesis

I sent you email!!! How long I can w8 before my blood boils?

Highlighted
Vive Staff

@Hellweed

Please re-read my message. You need to go to www.vive.com/eu/support/contactus and use the Live Chat feature (not the email form) for support. I have bolded the relevant portion for emphasis.

Thank you.

-John C