Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Jeremy_SC2
Settler

Re: Wireless adapter incompatible with RYZEN cpus

Just posted this on Reddit, Im having some luck with this, give it a try see what it does for you guys:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/9k6qvh/possible_ryzen_wireless_adapter_workaround/

Jadyre
Contributor

My system posts and I have never had a PC crash with this since Friday so I doubt this workaround will help. The games go to a blue screen and I have to restart SteamVR and Vive App. The computer never crashes.

Jeremy_SC2
Settler

Mine only blue screened once, the rest were just hard locks.  Also looking at a few other peoples motherboards, it can be pretty confusing which PCIe Slots support GEN 3.0 standard.  Just do yourself a favour and make sure a) The slot physical conforms with GEN 3.0 b)The BIOS is set to make sure it is utilizing GEN 3.0

Vive Staff

All,

Please check your PMs.  I have included instructions with what information to compile.  Please email the address listed in the PM.  If I somehow missed you or you didn't receive a PM from me please let me know.

@Jeremy_SC2  Thanks for your posts.  I am notifying my engineering teams. I have not PMd you as you and I have been in touch via email already.

Thank you,

John

nw15062
Explorer

I fixed my crashing issues by manually telling setting the pcie slot to 1x mode and disabling super io skewing.
nw15062
Explorer

I fixed my crashing issues by manually telling setting the pcie slot to 1x mode and disabling super io skewing.
nw15062
Explorer

Try setting the pcie slot used to 1x mode in the bios then disable super I/o skewing. If this works for you as it did for me then re apply your over clock settings and share your results so I can confirm the success.
nw15062
Explorer

Try setting the pcie port to 1x in the bios and disable super io skewing report back if this fixes it for you. It fixed my issues.
nw15062
Explorer

In your bios set the pcie slot used to 1x then disable super io skewing report back if this worked for you, it worked for me.
nw15062
Explorer

In your bios set the pcie slot to 1x and disable super io skewing report back if this works for you as it worked for me.
nw15062
Explorer

Found that if I set the pcie slot used to 1x mode and disable super io skewing that all my soft and hard crashes went away.
Mentalunicorn
Pioneer

My bios doesnt seem to let me set individual slots to any mode and i dont see any "super io skewing" option either. Shame Smiley Sad

nw15062
Explorer

What do you have for a mobo? I might be able to help.
nw15062
Explorer

I found fixing it with setting the pcie slot to 1x mode instead of 4x or auto gen 3 applies to a 16x8x slot with full interface instead of the short slot designed for 1x cards.
Mentalunicorn
Pioneer