Wireless Adapter - SteamVR 108 Headset not detected

ThatOneCloud
Settler

Re: Wireless Adapter - SteamVR 108 Headset not detected

I'm on driver version 411.70 - I'll have to update and try again tomorrow.  I've tried a couple SteamVR reinstalls and quite a few USB driver reinstalls.

I'm more and more suspecting it's something with the devices / drivers Vive Wireless creates when it starts up.  On my clean install, the camera and speakers show up in Device Manager.  On my existing install, there is a sound device and usb input device that claim they have no drivers installed, aren't named correctly (Displaylink audio device instead of HTC Vive), but otherwise don't show any errors, and won't let me manually install drivers from C:/Program Files/Displaylink XR/drivers.

I'd still like to find the cause, I'm a tad concerned with a fresh install that I'll end up recreating whatever problem scenario exists and being back at square 1.

Draces
Contributor

I just finished doing a fresh install of windows and reinstalling all my drivers, and steam. That worked, but like you said, I am afraid it will stop working again after I reinstall all my applications I use. 

Lupraen
Settler

Reinstalling SteamVR don't have change anything.

But finally, after seeing people having a working setup after reinstalling from scratch windows and vr apps. I was wondering if setting some default options in steamVR may help.

I just uncheck this one : "Put Base Station in Standby mode when VR is not in use"

And now it's working. steamVR timeout option is probably not aware about wireless device. But now i can play. Or is it just a bug ?

Hope it helps

Lupraen
Settler

After more testing, i was wrong. After restarting my computer this issue come back.

This time i test a new approach. I started steamVR first. And vive wireless next.

It seems to work. After an hour, the headset lost tracking. I just restart vivewireless and i come back where i was.

I will do more testing ^^

Lupraen
Settler

One other thing, when restarting vive wireless, i loose camera until i relaunch steamvr and wireless
Lupraen
Settler

It seems to be a camera related issue :

https://community.viveport.com/t5/Technical-Support/Vive-Wireless-Adapter-Official-User-Guides/m-p/2...

I will try with camera disabled in some scenarios (but it's not a definitive solution !)
Lupraen
Settler

Lupraen
Settler

I confirm my issue was resolved by setting camera refresh rate to 60hz.
Furs
Settler

Im also on Nvidia drivers (416.16).

xeQtr
Contributor

Same problem. i play 4/5 min then gray and everything on steamvr dissapears.

Headsett still connected to wireless but not found.

this is rly not fun...

Maribel_Hearn
Explorer

If you haven't disabled the camera is SteamVR, do that now.