Vive no longer showing in my vr menu

kerminater
Builder

Vive no longer showing in my vr menu

Ok I'm having an issue with vive no longer showing up in my vive menu all i see is steam and desktop tried reinstalling everything but no help anyonme else come across this?

Rockjaw
Architect

Re: Vive no longer showing in my vr menu

Hi @kerminater, can you check something simple to start with...

• In SteamVR on your desktop, click the arrow to access the menu, and then click 'Settings'
  • Under 'Applications' you should see 'Vive Dashboard' - make sure that's selected

If it's not selected, that would explain it being absent from the in-VR dash.

If that's not the case, we'd suggest you completely uninstall and reinstall the Vive desktop client, and then again check SteamVR settings.

If none of that works, I'll have to refer you to Customer Care.

kerminater
Builder

There's nothing showing in my applications and it says the dashboard is off but the turn dashboard on option is checked and even weirder still i still get the dashboard with steam and desktop just the vive home that's missing .

Rockjaw
Architect

If you could attach a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Applications part of SteamVR, @kerminater, it'd help. I'm a little confused by your phrasing.

I understand Vive is missing from the SteamVR menu within VR, but the main way that would happen is if it's disabled. Just trying to figure that out. Thanks in advance!

kerminater
Builder

Been working a lot the last few days so not had a chance to look into it more but it seems my dashboard is turned off and can't get it to turn back on

Rygir
Settler

I have the same issue and I can tell you my Dashboard Applications list is completely empty. There's nothing there.

Rockjaw
Architect

@Rygir@kerminater - if either you can send me a screenshot of this, I'd appreciate it.

This should be a Windows app, so should be easy to screenshot; if needed just press the 'Print Screen' key and then copy/paste it into your preferred image app, or use Snipping Tool (should be in your Windows apps). Thanks in advance!

kerminater
Builder

I actually got it going again i had a drive error ran a defrag on the drive and when it was done vive was back in my steamvr window can't understand how that sorted it 

Rockjaw
Architect

kerminater wrote:

I actually got it going again i had a drive error ran a defrag on the drive and when it was done vive was back in my steamvr window can't understand how that sorted it 

O...kay. I have no idea how that fixed it either, but I'm glad it did. @Rygir are you still having this issue?

Highlighted
Rygir
Settler

Yup, no change.Viveport not visible in dashboard applications for SteamVR while both are running.png

Frenegonde
New Arrival

I have a similar problem. The "Steam.exe" application is there but not the "Vive" application. Has this problem been solved?

CaTaPulT
Architect

To see if the proper files are running in the background when SteamVR has been started.....

Do a CTRL - ATL - Delete, choose Task Manager......... choose "Processes"..... look to see if these files are running.......

HtcIdentityService
HTCVRMarketplaceUserContextHelper (32 bit)
HTCVRMarketplaceUserContextHelper (32 bit)
HTC Vive BT Manager (32 bit)
HtcIdentityService
nw.exe (32bit)
nw.exe (32bit)
nw.exe (32bit)
nw.exe (32bit)
ViveDashboard.exe (32 bit)
VivePhoneInit.exe (32 bit)
ViveportService (32 bit)

If these files are NOT running, that is your problem. The Vive software may need to be re-installed. Maybe a virus checker is blocking them from running, maybe try disabling your virus checker and reboot to see if some of these files load up..... The top 3 files should be there no matter if SteamVR is running or not, the rest appear when SteamVR is started.

Hope this helps.

Regards: Jack