Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it. Questions on Viveport Subscription? FAQS are here.

Vive Software Not Installing

SOLVED
Settler

Vive Software Not Installing

I run the ViveSw.exe and it goes through the installation but when it reaches the end and I click run viveport nothing happens and I can't find viveport anywhere on my pc

please help me do this because I don't wanna miss out on the content that's on viveport

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Settler

Re: Vive Software Not Installing

Right so just decided to give it another try and I havent changed anything and it's worked. So issue solved but I dont know why

17 REPLIES
Vive Staff

@Creatrix

It will be called, simply "Vive" when you search for it on your PC.

If you can't find it, here are a couple of things to check:

1. Anti-virus software is disabled or whitelisting Vive software

2. Running as administrator when you install
3. Install path you're using

Thank you,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
Settler

I've searched for vive on my pc and all i find is vive dashboard which brings up steam vr. I installed it using administrator and to the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)\ViveSetup). My antivirus says nothing when running the installer and I have installed it once before and it worked. I then tried to move it over to my D drive because I had no space on the C drive. this caused the software to stop working so I reinstalled it then onto the D drive and it would not work. so I then reinstalled it to the default location and it still does not work.

Contributor

I am also having a problem with Viveport, but earlier in the chain.

After selecting the location for the installation of the Vive software, and clicking install, the application hangs. 

This happens if I use the default directory or not. I have noticed that an 'Updater' vive application starts, but doesn't do anything (even after leaving for 30 mins). 

If i try running the Viveport installer again (with the Updater still running), the install fails immediately with a "Couldn't download Vive Software" error. If I kill the updater app and start again, the system hangs again.

I have tried running without anti-virus / firewall and as Admin, but no difference. 

Looking at the log file in the ViveSetup folder, the last line in the log is always:

" [Downloader] Register updater:  "C:/Program Files (x86)/ViveSetup/Updater/Updater.exe" "-install VIVE Software C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ViveSetup" (D)"

I am using Windows 10 64bit professional edition, Steam is working correctly and VR seems to be running flawlessly. Anybody got any suggestions?

Vive Staff

@DaiEvil @Creatrix

Are either of you opted into the Windows Insider program?

Thanks,

-John C

Contributor

Hi John,

Not as far as I am aware!!

Thanks

Vive Staff

@DaiEvil 

What URL are you downloading the installer from? Double check your AV settings, that sounds exactly like it's being blocked by anti-virus.

Thanks,

-John C

Contributor

The PC has all AV turned off at the moment, and no difference. Is there any special firewall port needed in my router??? I am at a loss right now! 

I have not experienced this problem with other software.

Is there an alternative way to access the Viveport software?

Vive Staff

@DaiEvil

Shouldn't need to do anything special with ports, but maybe try disabling the firewall to test.

Thanks,

-John C

Settler

I've just attempted to install the software again while disabling my antivirus and firewall. same exact result

Vive Staff

Hi @Creatrix @DaiEvil,

Could you guys try and search "Vive Feedback"  > Unable to install Viveport Desktop > Technical Support > Report issue>  type in your Email, and your Community ID on top.  

I will get the engineering team to investigate your logs to provide further assistance.  

Thank you for your support.  

Cory.C

Settler

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking me to do. I searched that in google and found this article: http://community.viveport.com/t5/Technical-Support/HELP-PLEASE-Device-driver-software-was-not-succes...

but I'm not sure if this is the right thing.

thanks

Contributor

Hi, As Creatix asked, I'm not entirely sure where you want me to post my log files.

Interestingly I discovered that if I kill the 'Updater.exe' from the task manager, then the download starts, but stops after 6Mb or so with a request to sign in to HTC. This process then fails.
I have again tried to turn off all AV and firewalls, but without any change in outcome.

Please can you send a link to the appropriate positing area?

Sorry if I am being a bit slow...

Contributor

OK.... I seemed to have installed it, and it appears to be working.

I rebooted my machine is Safe Mode with Networking, and although the font siz was huge, and barely able to see the icon, the software did download and install. So I guess success??

But still no idea what was causing the issue. 

It might be worth a try doing the same Creatix

Vive Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi @Creatrix @DaiEvil

For the search, I meant search on windows: Viveport Feedback  

vivefeedback.gif

Steps: Launch Viveport Feedback > Unable to install Viveport Desktop > Technical Support > Report issue>  type in your Email, and your Community ID on top.  

If you have trouble finding "Viveport Feedback" please PM me your email, so I could send the tool to retrieve logs from you.  

Thank you for supporting Viveport

Cory.C