Vive Pro audio quality

Angelus
Pioneer

Re: Vive Pro audio quality

@lorgar wrote:

I was able to get major improvement using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FR795WA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In my case, the speakers were not getting enough power. It now sounds as good as the dulux audio strap....maybe a bit better. It also solved the issues I had with tracking.

I am not giving HTC a pass on this though. This is still crazy sloppy and should have been caught during testing.

I can confirm the vive pro  doesn't have enough power to drive those speakers....

I was able to get major improvement by connecting vive pro - sp1000 DAC - custom earbud lol

IMG_3658.jpg

Sephirothcat
Contributor

I am curious to see what Vive engineers have to say about this. I been following this thread for a while as I also have had issues and tried the fixes. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there is something wrong at the hardware level.
Drakke01
New Arrival

Edit: Disregard, changed USB ports, reinstalled drivers, and rebooted PC and it seems to have resolved the issue.

Ziyadah
Contributor

It's definitely not a hardware issue.  I posted a new thread before I noticed this one, but it's something in the DSP for the Vive Pro.  Installing a third party equalizer provided plenty of bass, although that introduces compression issues like any third party equalizer will.  

JustRocks
New Arrival

Yeh Its true the audio qutily get affected by using different sound cables

Labels