VR games that I runned on Oculus do not work with Vive on Steam

Contributor

VR games that I runned on Oculus do not work with Vive on Steam

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: VR games that I runned on Oculus do not work with Vive on Steam

Games that I installed for Oculus DK2 do not work properly on Vive.

The best example is "Kismet". I start SteamVR and everything works properly. But "Kismet" uppon start does not recognise neither controllers nor the helmet. After pressing some keys on keyboard I get to the loadind screen that reads "connect the helmet". Besides I have a start option to launch the game in Oculus VR. My Oculus is not connected, and I have deleted all the Oculus software.

Deleting and re-installing games does not help.

Vive Staff

@Pavel

You might want to go through room calibration again or even Vive set up again. Are there other games where you're having this issue? And are you sure you've removed all the Oculus drivers? You may need to use this: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?s=6643267c2b51f08c93e8fc35bf35aa48&ref=2748-WEIK-956...

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
Architect

Have you tried a free program called "Revive", it allows you to run Rift software with the Vive, it appears on the SteamVR dashboard.
The problem also is the older Oculus software won't work or work well with either the Vive or newer Oculus rift since some software require the small remote that use to be included with the Rift but no longer is, some older software will work however if you have a Xbox 360 controller connected to your PC.
Regards: Jack
Architect

Forgot to mention, old software being Pre-Touch controller software. Smiley Happy
Regards: Jack