02-11-2018 06:18 AM
02-12-2018 12:01 AM
I paired 8 of them at the same time, including controllers, without any issues.
Because I use a laptop I bought a couple switch adapter, so that I could connect 2 wireless dongle at the time ( I bought 4 for 8 dongles ).
First of all, before turning on any trackers, turn on your controllers: you need to do this because the controllers connect to SteamVR via wireless without any dongle.
After that I do the following:
- Plug a USB-Mini USB to the pc and to the tracker
- You will see that, in SteamVR, the tracker will appear and turn green
- Disconnect the cable, the tracker in SteamVR will turn grey
- Connect one dongle to the pc, on SteamVR right click on the tracker and choose Pair Tracker
- Press the Vive button on the tracker to turn it on, then press it for 2 seconds, the button will blink and SteamVR will connect the dongle to the tracker
- Once the tracker will turn green that tracker is connected via that dongle ( I usually mark which one is which for convenience )
- Repeat the same process for all the other trackers
02-12-2018 03:34 PM
One other thing to note; the trackers use bluetooth which is pretty close to the 2.4ghz WiFI spectrum which can be a source of interference. As you turn on each tracker, additional co-channel interference is generated until you hit the maximum amount of devices that can be supported in that radio environment.