Community Announcements
Got a new Deluxe Audio Strap? Here's how to attach it. Questions on Viveport Subscription? FAQS are here.

Issue redeeming codes in viveport

Contributor

Issue redeeming codes in viveport

I recently got a Vive and I love it. I was able to redeem my two free steam keys, but have been unable to redeem my viveport keys for the other two free games.

When I try to launch the redeem section, the app simply says "Loading" indefinitely. I have tried multiple times. Tried rebooting, reinstalling viveport, etc.

I'm on the latest version of viveport and on Windows 10.

Anyone else have similar issues?

See more topics labeled with:

19 REPLIES
Highlighted
Vive Staff

Re: Issue redeeming codes in viveport

Hi @Coreysprague

You can redeem here:

https://www.vive.com/code

More info on that is here.

Anyway, you can do all that without installing Viveport on your PC - as long as you have an HTC account (and you do, you're logged in here Smiley Happy ).

Let us know if you have more issues.

Nice name BTW.  

Cory.C

Contributor

Hi Cory,

I followed those instructions and was emailed the specific game codes and the following instructions:

1. Download VIVE software
2. Launch the VIVE software on your computer
3. Sign in to your HTC Account
4. Click on your profile image in the right upper corner
5. Choose "Redeem Code"
6. Type your offer code in the dialog box and the content will be added to your Library

In step 6,the dialog box never loads. It pops up, and says "Loading..." indefinitely.
Vive Staff

@CoreyspragueDid you try the workaround @CoryCheng suggested? I would also recommend using the 'Report A Problem' link in the Viveport app to send us logs so we can investigate further. It's not an issue I've encountered yet, but I'm investigating to see what might be the cause.

There's a chance it could be a minor network issue that will resolve itself, but there could also be something else going on. Have you already tried ensuring your firewall or anti-virus software isn't blocking the network traffic for Viveport? Have you tried purchasing or downloading any other titles (a free title would work) to see if you can download via Viveport without issues?

Contributor

I just wanted to give an update. I eventually got this squared away. I had another app on my computer: Remotr. I think the two were conflicting, ports maybe?

I uninstalled Remotr and now the app works perfectly, I can see my library and redeem codes.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else runs into the same issue.
Vive Staff

@Coreysprague

Thank you for letting us know! We're glad you were able to get it working. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask on here.

Thanks,
-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
Contributor

I entered my code at vive.com/code then it told me i needed to download the softawre so I left the tab with all the codes to get the software... once installed I have no option to look at my codes to redeem them. Can anyone help? 

Contributor

I am having the same problem
Contributor

i cant get back to my codes so i don't have anything to redeem
Contributor

Hello, I just bought a Vive, it has been so far a great experience, but It came with  a code for  
"content bundle" and when I try to redeem it, i get the message that it is not a good code. If needed I have proof of purchase. I will greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!

Contributor

I hope someone can solve this problem. I have the same.

Community

Hello there - a few different issues here, I'll try to address each as best I can...

For all of you, please make sure you check this FAQ on how/where to redeem codes, which might help. For individual issues (as there's more than one)

@Sixteenbitpanda / @Sickbubblegum18 - Upon redeeming your code, you should have received an email with the codes contained within. This would go to the email address you registered. Can you check and see if that email is there? (Obviously, check your Spam folders.)

@Marmoto - can you confirm where you tried to redeem the code? (Check the FAQ for instructions.) It should be redeemed at vive.com/code

@Antufatiko - which of these issues are you having?

Please let me know if you have any other questions and/or you get your codes redeemed.

Contributor

I checked my email, but could not find anything. Is it possible to resend that email? 

Community

Hi there @Sixteenbitpanda, I'm afraid I can't re-send that email - it's automated - but I just sent you a PM (through the forums here) to resolve this. Check it and let me know if you have issues.

New Arrival

I can confirm it was Remotr conflicting with my Viveport, it's because they share the same port.