How do I access apps I download from Viveport?

SOLVED
nandrews
Pioneer

Re: How do I access apps I download from Viveport?

Maybe you need to check Library/Downloads section to see if it is wating to be queued to download.

Otherewise best contact Vive (used the Chat option for speed)

Nigel

Community

Hi @telu - yes, the Viveport.com interface doesn't allow downloading, that has to be through the app.

It's possible you've got two accounts here. Do you have any other purchases? Are any of them in your Viveport desktop library?

To check and see if you're using the same account:

- Go to https://www.viveport.com/myprofile while logged in (for example, probably while you're here on the forums)

- You should see which email you have associated with the account, and how you logged in (HTC account, social account)

Then, open your Vive desktop app and click the icon in the top right, and check Account. You'll see a pop-up displaying account information. If that matches exactly with what you saw on Viveport.com, above, then you should be good to go - and we'll do further investigation.

If, however, you see something different (for example, you logged in using a social account on the Vive desktop app - it's easily done) then log out of the Vive desktop app, and log back in using the credentials you used on Viveport.

Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.

Stephen 'Rockjaw' Reid
- Community Wrangler
telu15
Visitor

Yes, I actually had done that (i.e. logged in using my Steam Account), however your theory didn't solve the problem. I also tried downloading a few free apps from Viveport, and the problem appears there as well.

Community

Hey @telu15, I'll PM you and we'll get into more details. Smiley Happy

Stephen 'Rockjaw' Reid
- Community Wrangler
marshalwest
Contributor

Did this get resolved as I have an identical problem. I can see purchases if I go to online Viveport via Google but if I use the Vive app on my desktop, which uses exactly the same login, I cannot find the games anywhere and they are not in downloads although Steam downloads are. I also just tried a free game from within the Vive desktop app and it downloaded but is now nowhere to be seen althought that has now also appeared on the googled Viveport as a purchase. I reinstalled Vive but exactly the same. A bit annoying as I have lost Everest, Tilt Brush and Richies Plank Experience. (Not just lost, never been able to play).

RIckyC4
Regular

I'm having the same issue. I've only tried with free apps but everything I download from viveport on my desktop will not show within the app in my library, after they've been queued/installed. 

Vrjrf1
New Arrival

Hi!
I have similar problem
I have both Steam and Viveport, I have three computers, one of them synced them automatically.

The other two, the library on Viveport is not syncing with Steam library

What is Vive desktop app?

Do you have updated information on this?

Thank you
Highlighted
Vive Staff

@Vrjrf1

So you can only see Steam games which are currently installed on the same computer you are using the Vive software on. You won't be able to see every Steam game you own from any computer.

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
ali attara
New Arrival

i run steam and i cannot install vive on my desktop when i install software vive it tell me after 2 % that i need to sign in (i am already sign in) and there is no migration as weell i install it on my desktop as steam and vive but no vive application to be seen what is hapening and why i did what ever it was ask and no vive on my system can u help

ali