HTC doesn't want to fullfill warranty by EU LAW.

Vive Staff

Re: HTC doesn't want to fullfill warranty by EU LAW.

@Shidapu

Great! Glad they reached you.

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns, but they should be able to help you from here on out.

Thanks again!

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
Shidapu
Explorer

Thanks Synthesis!

I really hope i do get help now, it's looking brighter.

Im sure i will be back updating here if and when my issue is fixed, or if any new updates.

<3

Shidapu
Explorer

I got a followup email today, with directions for sending it with UPS today along with a .pdf file for UPS delivery.

I have packaged it and secured the package, will be sending it today.

Thanks yet again Synthesis for helping me out! 

Now the waiting begins for the repairs. Smiley Happy 

Vive Staff

@Shidapu

Glad I could help!

Thanks,

-John C

Shidapu
Explorer

Got 2 emails right now, for both controllers, that contains the following information.

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding the repair of the product HTC Vive Controllers with serial number FA642JXXXXXX, E2E ticket 117366431616, CTDI repair no 300158HRO.

During the repair process our technicians have identified that the repair cannot be completed in warranty due to the following reason:

The cost of an out of warranty repair (spare parts + labour and logistic fee) vat included is: 81.7292 EUR

Please note that if you reject the quotation you should pay the cost of inspection and logistic fee: 45 EUR

Parts lists:BATTERY - BATTERY_LI-POLYMER,960mAh,3.85V,ATL,ATL,671669,GB-S10-671669-010H,w/o water label,60degC,60/-20degC,71.5*16.14*6.85mm - 35H00244-00MSERVICE - Testare/Upgrade software - Testare/Upgrade software

And the other :

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding the repair of the product HTC Vive Controllers with serial number FA642JXXXXX, E2E ticket 117366431571, CTDI repair no 300156HRO.

During the repair process our technicians have identified that the repair cannot be completed in warranty due to the following reason:

The cost of an out of warranty repair (spare parts + labour and logistic fee) vat included is: 77.8498 EUR

Please note that if you reject the quotation you should pay the cost of inspection and logistic fee: 45 EUR

Parts lists:BATTERY - BATTERY_LI-POLYMER,960mAh,3.85V,ATL,ATL,671669,GB-S10-671669-010H,w/o water label,60degC,60/-20degC,71.5*16.14*6.85mm - 35H00244-00M

I'm sorry to say, that I wasn't expecting this reply.. And I expect that this will get sorted, I'm not gonna reply to these emails.

Any help?
Vive Staff

@Shidapu
Hmm. Have you tried contacting our chat support? See what they can do for you. I'm afraid there's not much else I can do here.

Thanks,

-John C

Shidapu
Explorer

I got a reply from VibrantNebula

Shidapu
Explorer

Still no new updates available, and no more contact from anyone. 

I have supplied with printscreens to ARN (Allmänna Reklamations Nämden), for further investigation.

I have not replied to the email i got.

Hopefully this will get sorted in a timely manner.

Shidapu
Explorer

Still no news, havn't gotten any replies from anyone. It's dead silent right now.

I havn't even gotten a reply to the email i sent to the repairshop in romania where the controllers are at.

Sigh.. And the investigation can take up to 6 months before I can rest my case, sometimes i think, i better just pay for 2 new controllers, and be happy about it...

But this is principal, Im not paying a cent because this is clearly a warranty issue, but let me tell you, I will never recommend HTC, to anyone, in any channel or socialmedia, friends, family, neighbors. And if some new device is comming in the future, i will tell everyone to stay away.

Not happy right now, angry is the right wording.. And my kid keeps asking when i get my controllers back, because his friend has never tried VR, I keep telling him, that sadly, I don't know, im in a battle against a big corporation, and im alone. 

Not sure when, but one day son, one day..

Vive Staff

@Shidapu

Can you PM me with the last email or chat log you had with HTC?

Thanks,

-John C

Shidapu
Explorer

Sure i guess. The litle chat i have.

It's an email i responded to the repairshop in Romania, that's the last contact i had.

Honestly, this just feels like a big scam all together.

Vive Staff

@Shidapu

Okay, thank you!

-John C

Shidapu
Explorer

I have sent you a PM of the printscreen.