HTC VivePro - Red & Green Static Snow on Right Side of Visuals... NEEDS REPLACEMENT???

SOLVED
knowledgehammer
Contributor

HTC VivePro - Red & Green Static Snow on Right Side of Visuals... NEED...

Just got my VivePro in the mail. Unpacked and shifted out the old headset for the new one. Im using the old trackers and controllers, but everything else got replaced. Started it up, and I see Red & Green pixel Snow/Static randomly sparkling or glitter on the right side of my view. Takes up about 25-30% of the visuals, and no reconfiguration of cables or updates has worked. Do I need to actually send this back to get replaced??? Or is simply a replacement of Video Wiring covered by the warrenty? Please Advise...IMG_7181.JPGRed Static Snow Visible in the Right Eye PieceIMG_7196.JPGRed & Green Static Snow Visible in the Right Eye Piece

Vive Staff

Re: HTC VivePro - Red & Green Static Snow on Right Side of Visuals... ...

@knowledgehammer

It's likely the connection. Are you using any adapters on your cable set up or just going straight to your GPU DisplayPort?

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
knowledgehammer
Contributor

No Adapters... direct solid tight connections to every port... have also tried my other display ports... no change.

Vive Staff

@knowledgehammer

If you've reseated the cables, we probably need to replace the cable or the linkbox. Give me a day to figure out the best way to do that (since you just received your unit)

Thank you,

-John C

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

knowledgehammer
Contributor

Thank you... Truly.
Sammy1
Contributor

hey there i´ve got exactly the same problem, i recived my pro yesterday and this is very frustratingSmiley Sad i´ve searched the whole night only to find a solution but nothing:-/

Sammy1
Contributor

I´ve resolved it myself, i tryed every port and cableposition but not that one from the HMD himself, it was a tiny little bit lose (and its a very tricky position)

knowledgehammer
Contributor

I tried that... pulled it and placed it bac with care and made sure it was tight in there.. but same thing. I eeven got a replacement thunderbolt to display cable with gold plating... same thing. Im thinking its either the unit itself or the Link Box... just waiting on info to send it back for a replacement..

Vive Staff
Solution

@knowledgehammer @Sammy1

Okay, I've got a solution for you. I think you may have emailed us already, and if so, you can ignore my PM and just follow up there. If not, please follow the instructions in the PM.

Thank you,

-John C

Highlighted
bradcarvey
Settler

The solution is a private message?

I purchased 4 Vive Pro headsets.  I have the Red & Green Static Snow.  I have tried everything and I still have the Static on even a simple Unity scene.  Frame rate is great.  I have 2 Vive headsets, that don't have this problem.  I have a 1080 Ti, windows 10 and updated drivers...

What was the solution in the pm?

Labels