Grey screen after about an hour of using.

SOLVED
Kligan
Settler

Re: Grey screen after about an hour of using.

@Stars

Sorry, but so far - no luck. Smiley Sad

TheLuk
Explorer
Solution

@Kligan@Stars

you probably ran into a problem related to the environmental temperature. Can you try to cover with a hand the sensor positioned on the left of the camera (watching the Vive in the front; if you wear it is in the right) while the problem is present? If that's what I think it should come back to work again. You can also try to cool the viewer to make it work properly for a few minutes.

AGR-13
Explorer
Kligan
Settler

@TheLuk

You're right. That does work (covering the left sensor). It gets rid of the dead zone. Although sticking a piece of black duct tape to the headset does not look particularly sexy, I must say Smiley Very Happy

TheLuk
Explorer

@Kligan

It's true, it does not seem particularly sexy, but it works well enough. I noticed that in this way the tracking is slightly less stable, it also happens to you?
If you want you can add your own comment to the specific thread:
http://community.viveport.com/t5/Technical-Support/flashing-grey-screen/td-p/8607/page/27
This thread was opened in June 2017, but unfortunately HTC has not yet provided a solution to the problem.

Kligan
Settler

I'll check if tracking will be worse next time. During my last play session I just covered the sensor after dead zone beging to appear again, to test if it works or not.

I think I should find a cool sticker to slap on top of the sensor, instead of my initial idea with black duct tape Smiley Very Happy

Labels