I tried everything in the net to fix this problem
- Turn off power saving from the USB ports
- Reinstall GPU drivers
- Unplug and plug back in every way
- Reinstall SteamVR
- Reinstall Drivers from VIVE
- Use all kinds of different HDMI cables
- Using HDMI adaptors
- Disable and Enable DIRECT mode
- Turn of an on power from the Device
- Plugin in the HDMI and USB directly from headset ignoring the linkbox
Nothing seems to work, here some pictures
Seeing your graphic card ports I can imagine you have your Vive connected in other port.
Make sure both the monitor and Vive are connected to the graphic card not the motherboard.
Please go over the troubleshooting steps below:
Error 208 is a generic HMD error message. This error can have a number of solutions, so please work from the list below to make sure you've attempted all available solutions:
Concur with Hersonrock... looks like you only have one device connected to your graphics card... so that's either your monitor or your Vive using an adapter for some reason... instead of plugging into that HDMI output port right above where your one device is plugged in.