Controller not visible or not stable at all (to infinity and beyond)

Vive Staff

Re: Controller not visible or not stable at all (to infinity and beyon...

@MrSojiro

Please send me the ticket repair number they provide you after you complete your chat.  I would like to inform my colleagues in our EU support of your case once you have filed the repair.

Thank you,

JohnG

MrSojiro
Pioneer

@jagibson

Understood, i will do that tomorow morning (which will be in 10h considering it is 23:22 here Smiley Tongue).

Vive Staff

No problem.  Thank you!

MrSojiro
Pioneer

@jagibson, @Synthesis, @VibrantNebula

So, here some news about this case :

I have contacted the EU support team this morning. It seems that the support team is unable to ask for the replacement of the defective unit. Infact, according to them, only the repair center is able to determine if the controller need to be repaired or replaced.

They asked me if "i accept to RMA the controller again" (this, is, not, a, joke XD)

My answer : "do i have the choice ??? ^^'"

So, the RMA procedure n°3 is "in progress".   \o/ < yay

I do not have any ticket number for the moment (they will send me that ASAP i suppose)

I hope this controller will be fixed before RMA n°46 (to be honest, i will not wait for 999 RMA procedure .... this kind of problem shouldn't even happen ....)

As usual, i'll keep all of you in touch Smiley Happy

MrSojiro

Vive Staff

Thank you @MrSojiro.

As soon as you get that RMA number send it to me in a PM.

Sorry for your troubles.

Regards,

JohnG

MrSojiro
Pioneer

@Synthesis,@jagibson,@VibrantNebula

The hell ??! I'm not able to post a reply (tried 4 times with the same message) .....I will post it part by part.

EDIT : so it works, with 2 messages instead of one

MrSojiro
Pioneer

Part 1/2

Hello everbody,

Here are some news about my case :

I had a little chat with the french support team, and here is the result :

- I will not be able to transmit any ticket number for the next 1 to 4 days. Indeed, an investigation is underway to determinate the causes of my controller's failure. (while they cannot manipulate it, considering it is still in my home)
- After that, they'll decide to take it back to RMA (maybe), and they will test it to certify the default.
-Then and only then, they will decide if they will replace it or not (you know, 3 RMA process maybe not enouth XD).

MrSojiro
Pioneer

Part 2/2

I guess i'm still not done with that problem..... (considering 5 day for investigation + 3 more day for shipping (yeah...), + 5 benchmarking + 5 days of "we need to find a new one" + 3 days of shipping again   => which lead to, at least : 21 days of whatever will happen in the repair certer (named "black box" be me) + a possibility that the new controller....well....get the same defect :')   kill me XD )

Maybe i will have it for Christmas...whoaaa O_O

Bytheway, the person I chat with today was very kind with me, which i appreciate a lot.

Days since i got the Vive : 28 (i need a pins , something like an achivement or whatever you want XD)

Days with 2 functionning controller : 0 (but hey, i got a functionning headset, who am I to complain, some didn't have that !! XD)

Days with super mega frustration feeling : over 9000

But hey, its a brand new HeadSet, what should I expect Smiley Tongue  (sorry, that is clearly not directed toward you, but i need to express myself in a funny way sometimes Smiley Tongue)

MrSojiro

Vive Staff

Hi @MrSojiro

Were you given a ticket number for your chat session?  If so could you PM that to me? If not please PM you email address and name so I can try to locate.  

Thank you!

MrSojiro
Pioneer

Hi @jagibson,

Still no ticket number for the moment as "an investigation is underway" and no RMA procedure will be launched until this "investigation" be done. (should i cry now or after ? Smiley Tongue)

At this point, i'm unable to tell you if what they told me was total bull"poop" (to remain polite) or the real procedure....[how can you inquerry for the failure causes of a component if you are unable to test it, because...well...you don't have it.....] \o/

But hey, I'll stay positive (as much as i can)

As i said previously, i will certainly get the tecket at the end of the 4 next days. We will see what surpprise will await me at the end of this periode Smiley Tongue

MrSojiro

Vive Staff

@MrSojiro

I can also help with this, so please send me the ticket number when you receive it.

Thank you,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
MrSojiro
Pioneer

Soooooo,

Tomorrow is the day I way waiting for (5 days deadline of the "investigation"). I REALY hope that they will finaly give my a RMA ticket number, and, of course, decide to replace the entire unit. T_T

Days without being able to use the magnificent headset : 32 (and tomorrow, 33 (cause 32 + 1 = 33, which is, "quick math" if i quote Michael Dapaah ahem,....sorry about that >.<)

See you tomorrow everybody Smiley Happy

MrSojiro
Pioneer

Oh my god...

Every message I post that are a bit too long DESAPEAR in the void Smiley Surprised

How the hell am'I supposed to remember every word i write here before this anoying bug....

I will try to re-explain the whole thing then...

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

MrSojiro
Pioneer

SSSooo, one more time, and now i find why my post are just disapearing : they just got rejected (for no reason cause when i split them, everything is okay....) ! I'll try again....

MrSojiro
Pioneer

Part 1

Re-written because of a forum bug

@Synthesis, @jagibson, @VibrantNebula ,

Hello everybody,

This morning , i received a mail from the HTC support team, and to be honest, it was a long time since i was disapointed like that.

----------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour   , nous sommes tellement  desolés Pour  les inconvenients que vous avez eu  ,  nous vous prions de nous communiquer  les manipulations pour le SETUP que vous avez effectué des al reception de votre  controlleur  de la reparation   , selon le centre de reparation le controlleur FA6CFJ003884 a depassé tous les testes de tracking  .

Vous pouvez nous joindre par chat depuis le liens suivant : http://www.htc.com/fr/contact/chat/ Vous pouvez nous joindre également par chat depuis le liens suivant : http://www.htc.com/fr/contact/email/ Notre centre d’appel reste à votre disposition au 0805 54 24 82(France), 0800 814 82(Belgique&Luxembourg), 0800 001 324(Suisse) Nous vous remercions de l'intérêt que vous portez à nos produits et services.

----------------------------------------------------------

So, basicaly, there is two things here which interest us :

First, the ticket number (finally we got it) which was present on the mail subject : [Ticket:117486843267]

Second, the mail, let me traduce it (the red part) :

"Hello, we are so sorry for the inconvinience you had, we would like to ask you to send every manipulation for the SETUP [what ???] you did after the reception of the controller from the RMA. According to the repair center, the controller FA6CFJ003884 has passed every tracking test."

So, even after providing every proof that the controller is not OK, for them, everything is alright.....