Controller not turning on

Flowed
Visitor

Controller not turning on

Hi everyone,

I was having fun with Vive for the past 3 weeks and everything was running great until I've encountered a problem with one of my HTC Vive Controller: the controller won't turn on anymore. I didn't make any firmware update or anything, I just picked it up one day and nothing happened after I pressed the system button, no light, nothing. It was charged recently so it should have battery but if I try to charge it again, there are no lights either. I tried plugging it to the computer, and when I do , the computer detects it for a second (I can hear the USB plugging sound) and then 2-3 seconds later, I hear the USB unplugging sound.

As so, the controller doesn't show up in steamVR, and the light on the controller remains shut even when plugged to the computer or to a power source. I tried many times to Factory reset the controller (by holding some buttons for a few seconds and plugging in the controller) but it has never worked for now. I was wondering if anyone has a solution for me ? The other controller as well as the headset are working just fine, it's just that one controller that I can no longer turn on...

Thank you Smiley Happy

Vive Staff

Re: Controller not turning on

@Flowed

PM me and I'll help you out.

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
Silentdrive
New Arrival

Hi,

I have the exact same problem, did you get this sorted or did you have to RMA the controller?

Any advice would be amazing.

Thank you in advance,

Vive Staff

@Silentdrive

Please PM me with the details, 

Thank you,

-John C

vince10xs
New Arrival

Hi I am having the same problem with the controller..

yaniv21
New Arrival

same here htc vive controller not turning on 

what can i do?

Vive Staff

@yaniv21 @vince10xs

Please both of you PM me with details if you haven't already.

Thanks,

-John C

salatin
New Arrival

hi. i have 2 htc vives

i am from iran 

and there is not any one who can help me here. 3 of my controllers are not working.

and i cant do anything. they turned of and not work anymore. what can i do? help me.

i use anything what was written in the steam site

my email is         salatin.1992@yahoo.com 

plzzzzzz help me.and email me

Vive Staff

@salatin

Hi, where did you buy your 2 HTC vives from?

Thanks,

-John C

Cashen5779
New Arrival

Anyone had any success? I have the same problem

Vive Staff

@Cashen5779

You're almost certainly going to have to send them in for repair. Contact your local support Live Chat on our website and they'll take you through the process.

Thank you,

-John C

somelithuania
New Arrival

Hi i have the exact same issue that is mentioned in this thread. Controller not responding, not charging, no lights... nothing. All other equipment works just fine. Tried the reset, by pressing all the buttons 10 sec ant then doing it again while connected to pc. also nothing. Please help

Vive Staff

@somelithuania

As I wrote above, if they won't power on or charge, you'll need to have them repaired. Contact our local Live Chat support via our website for further assistance.

Thanks,

-John C

TheBrokenLightbulb
New Arrival

Where is your Local Live Chat? I also have this problem and I would like to fix it asap!

Highlighted
Vive Staff

@TheBrokenLightbulb

Great question. It's on our website. If you were within the EU for example, the URL would be this: https://www.vive.com/eu/support/contactus/

I highly recommend you use the chat feature rather than submit an email request. Just wait until they open up next if they're not currently open.

Thanks,

-John C