Computer crashing when launching apps bought in Viveport

New Arrival

Computer crashing when launching apps bought in Viveport

Hi to everybody,

I installed a couple of apps through Viveport yesterday and can't use them. I tried the free ENGAGE but as soon as I start it in Viveport or Steam VR the entire computer crashes and causes blue screens. I have to hardreset the computer to get it going again.

Very similar to AIRBORNE VR 1944 which starts only in desktop mode ( even if I have Steam VR already running) . I cant exit the Airborne VR 1944 application anymore without resetting the computer ( using the off switch, becasue evene using taskmanager doesn't work).

All other applications I have bought and installed through Steam work perfect. Only Viveport apps giving trouble.

I tried to start the apps, which I bought through Viveport, under Steam, but even then they keep crashing the computer.

What can I do to solve the issue???????

I don't want to buy and install the apps again through steam.... 

Please HTC, make the Viveport running properly. It still feels like a Mickey Mouse shop from consumers point of view. It's not user friendly at all!!!!

2 REPLIES
New Arrival

Re: Computer crashing when launching apps bought in Viveport

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue. Heavy games only from viveport like Trump, Virtually Live crash the whole laptop. (I have GTX 1080 so this is not a hardware issue)

Vive Staff

Re: Computer crashing when launching apps bought in Viveport

@EireSquare

Hi, can you tell me if you're experiencing this with other programs or games? Also, can you provide your system specifications?

@huckourvr
Are you using display port? There have been some known issues with the 1080 and the 1070 display port not working with the HTC Vive.

Thank you,
-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."