Community Announcements

Need help with Viveport? Read this FAQ for information.

Compositor is not running -203

Contributor

Compositor is not running -203

Hi, 

I am currently playing Elite Dangerous using the Vive and its absolutely fantastic. The issue is that periodically the headset will turn off, I take off the headset and look at the software and it has the error 'Compositor is not running -203' I turn it back on and the headset starts working again. 

Problem is it has borked my characters positioning in the game and I have to force close the program and lose progress. As you can imagine this is pretty annoying.

Has anybody encountered this issue? Perhaps with the same game or another program? I cant really find much information about it aside from a few reddit posts with useless information telling me to delete files.

Any help would be apreciated, 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Compositor is not running -203

Here is a screenshot of the error

http://imgur.com/a/Q0x1R

Post with 53 views. Compositor Error, any ideas?
Vive Staff

@Zurkon90

Some users have had some luck deleting their Steamvr VRSETTINGS file.
The default path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config and you're looking for "Steamvr.vrsettings"

Delete that. (Or back it up elsewhere if you've got a custom configuration) When you run SteamVR again, it will automatically create a fresh config file which may resolve your issue.

Thank you,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."
Contributor

I was reccomended this from a post on reddit and it didnt solve the issue, but I will give it another go and report back. 

Thanks, 

New Arrival

Worked first time, I got this because I changed from direct to indirect mode. 

Cheers, fixed. 

Vive Staff

@=IRN=WIL=

Glad to hear it!

@Zurkon90

How did that work for you?

Thanks,
-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."