Cannot Launch Viveport

SOLVED
DarkVoice
Contributor

Cannot Launch Viveport

When I launch Steam VR i get a message saying "viveport://launchviveport Application not found". Have reinstalled several times and had Vive toubleshoot this over many days. What do I do now?

Vive Staff

Re: Cannot Launch Viveport

@DarkVoice
Are you launching from Vive or from Steam?

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
DarkVoice
Contributor

I can't launch it from Vive because it will not successfully install. When I open Steam VR I get a dialog box that says:  viveport.jpg

This is as far as I can get. I've had the online support people reinstall Vive and Steam several times, to no avail. This started happening after I did the Windows 10 creative update.

DarkVoice
Contributor
Solution

Just wanted you to know that I found the problem this evening here in the forum. The issue is that when you uninstall the Vive software, there is a hidden file folder that doesn't get deleted that was causing the reinstall to not work properly. You have to go into C:\ProgramData (it' s a hidden file in Windows, so you have to make sure that you make hidden files visible), and rename or delete the HTC file folder. Then you can run a new install and Viveport works fine. If for any reason an uninstall is necessary, this is a step that will need to be performed as part of a troubleshoot.

Labels