Can not connect HTC Vive headset - Steam VR plugin error Failed to load IVRRenderModels

ameliawilson
Contributor

Can not connect HTC Vive headset - Steam VR plugin error Failed to loa...

When I add SteamVR plugin I receive error:

Failed to load IVRRenderModels interface version IVRRenderModels_005.

The plugin works for my other projects, camera and controllers are detected and work fine. From the project with the error I need to export a scene. Even when added/imported to a working project I can not connect the camerarig to the scene.

What could be the reason?

Thanks & Regards

Amelia Wilson

AWS Architect

Highlighted
Vive Staff

Re: Can not connect HTC Vive headset - Steam VR plugin error Failed to...

@ameliawilson

What version of SteamVR are you running? My preliminary research indicates that's a very old version of that interface. Are you opted into some sort of fork or older branch?

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F
ameliawilson
Contributor

Hi,

IVRRenderModels_005

Vive Staff

@ameliawilson

SteamVR specifically: Are you updating it regularly or in a closed environment? Are you using SteamVR beta or public or a different private build?

Thanks,

-John C

"Welcome to the desert of the real."

If your base station has a Fault 02/03 error or a red light or both, the ONLY solution is to contact our support on vive.com and set up an RMA. There is no user fix for this issue.

Vive Care Operating Hours: 9am to 6pm PST, M-F