2 weeks ago
Backstory: Purchased my VIVE around December, and the Base Station randomly broke last week of March. I put an RMA request in April 7th, and shipped the Base Station out and it arried around April 12th. I was assured by the support that I would recieve it back within 7 - 10 business days. It has now been 2 months. Every time I contact HTC about this issue, I get the same precanned responses that there "is no update and your ticket has been escalated". When I ask for more information, I'm told I will recieve an email from my "case manager" though I haven't recieved a single one since. I've attempted to get them to have someone call me, but I haven't recieved any phone calls even after being promised I would as well. I have all of the chat logs if anyone is curious, but at this point the VIVE has been broken almost as long as I've owned it and it is getting insane. Any help?
2 weeks ago
I also purchased my Vive in December and recently had a base station fail. Unfortunately, I also had to send it in for repair and they told me 7-10 days. I found the whole process cumbersome and wondered why they just didn't send a replacement and allow me to send back the defective unit.
They have had my device for 2 weeks. Repair tracking only says device received.
I feel for you and am very disappointed that a unit failed so quickly and with the manner in which HTC is handling the repair.
a week ago
UPDATE: I just got off the phone from a Restricted number apparently calling from HTC. They said that they were calling to "give me an update about my ticket" but all they said was the same exact precanned responses I've been getting for weeks "There is no update from the repair center". When I mentioned a possiblity of another solution, such as me purchasing a new base station and possibly being reimbursed by HTC once the repair is completed or sending a new unit and I was told "We have no other option here at HTC other than to wait for the repair". Frankly this is insane. What kind of repair center tells you an estimate, goes over the estimate by 400% and then tells you "well just need to wait longer!"
Hi. Can you please PM me with your RMA number and any other relevant information so I can look into this? Inbound tracking number would be helpful too.